dress up??

tutycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tuty gives me hard times each time i want to photograph him, clothing him or just putting anything on him (like in the photo) is another story!

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats do not normally wear clothing, but none of them mind it. We will always put cloths on them if it is cold outside and they have a vet appointment or durning a Cat Show and it is cold in the hall.

Here are a few pictures of them wearing their cloths:

Tai looking Pretty in Pink

Monte during our Superbowl Party GO STEELERS!!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dd has dressed Garfield on occasion. But since he slips out of the clothes quickly, it isn't too much fun. As for being degrading, this is the boy who drinks out of the toilet, eats dog food although it makes him barf, and at 2-1/2 years old nurses on a stuffed horse. Cool is just not in this boy's vocabulary. Loveable doofus...that is more his style.

DD also dressed our foster Dylan in a little knit sweater. I thought about taking a pic for his petfinder ad, to help him stick out, but I don't want someone adopting him thinking he will allow himself to be dressed. Certainly you can start training them as a kitten...but that doesn't mean they will continue to allow it! Dylan also gets carried around in a back pack, and is learning to walk on a leash. Meaning he walks after a kitty toy for about a minute, then lays down in protest!

I'm sure there are people out there who overdo playing with kitties like dollies, but in general all loving attention is fine. And cats are very good at letting people know what they will tolerate!

P.S Oliver, Monte and Tai look spiffy in their little outfits!

nelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, all the dressing and fluffing...it would take a special sort of cat, I think...

I am still working on:

Let's wear a collar, so if you should escape or be otherwise let into the wild world, the finder may be able to call us and recognize that you carry a microchip. Please refrain from clawing/chewing the thing off of your precious little throat!

Let's learn to wear a harness and leash, so we can go outdoors under supervision. (per kitty, this is complete torture and you, dear human, are completely NUTZ!)

Then again, all of my kitties were wild/stray at some point, and have a little of the born-to-be-wild in them.

In my experience, (movie cat Thomasina aside) (and I am giving my age away with THAT one), cats detest any sort of addition to their Creator-given body.

If you can get one to wear a collar, call it a day, and be grateful...I do put fancy collars on my 4 kitties, because it makes me feel good to bestow good and harmless gifts on those that I love!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought an outfit for my cornish rex who always seem to be cold but he didn't like it too much. I think he preferred to snuggle under the fleece blanket or jump in my lap for heat. And quite frankly so do I.
Plus I wouldn't leave it on him unattended. I worried to much about it getting caught in something so I gave up.

Tricia