Drat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too bad. I'm not going to tell you one.

I just thought I'd update this thing that could have been a nightmare, and wasn't...

I have met a few people: Val, Noelle, Victor, Raymond, Bruce and assorted others who have not shared their names.

I've started writing detail twice now and it's more than anyone wants to read. So suffice to say that from Dial-a-claim (Val) on Monday, to Claim Centre (Noelle and Victor) on Tuesday mid-day, to body shop (Raymond) late Tuesday and early Wednesday, to Car Rental (Bruce) also Wednesday morning, everything has gone incredibly smoothly and pleasantly. Without exception, each of these players has been super pleasant, friendly, helpful and efficient. The sequence of events has gone completely without a hitch. The running around has been absolutely minimal. Oh, and the car rental is covered under the RoadStar program -- not part of the insurance, itself, but a perk, along with discounts on our insurance, for good driving records. The rental is a 2005 Nissan Sentra with lots of stuff
, but it's also automatic
, so I won't be getting too attached.

And when Sheba's ready to come home, I take the rental back to Enterprise, settle the extras and get driven back to the body shop, settle the deductible and drive home. My guess is that it'll be a few days, perhaps over the weekend. Gee, life's tough!

Dealing with this sort of thing always conjures visions of hassle upon hassle, but everything has been smoother and easier than possible. Now that I think about it, when we got whacked four years ago, it was similarly painless -- guess that was not a fluke.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...I can't imagine anyone making a landing like that....

I'm sorry this had to happen.