Downloading Music for Cats

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On YouTube there are some videos of Music For Cats that I would like to download to have the MP3 files to be played on an MP3 speaker. This way my kitty could have some background company during the hours we're away from home.
I had done that some months ago, three files had been downloaded to a USB drive, but now I lost this USB drive and I'm trying to download them again to another drive, but no browser extension is working, all files are abruptly interrupted halfway the conversion and I only have a small portion of the file I would like. Maybe are too long?
Any suggestion?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I want to download from YouTube I use a couple of programs: 4K Video Downloader (if I want to download the video as well) or 4K YouTube to MP3 (if I just want the audio). These are free programs (though they have paid versions as well, with no ads) I have the Windows version, but they're also available for Ubuntu and MacIntosh computers. Occasionally one of them will choke on the format of a video, but when they do they tell you so immediately; they don't get halfway through the download and then refuse to finish. And I've found that if I update to the latest version when I'm informed that it's available, most of the problems go away.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried the one you mention before posting my thread, among many others solutions, but none of them worked on long files.
They're all OK when I want to download a shorter file, like a song or else.
I did that less than a year ago, something must have changed sice then.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much free space do you have on your hard drive? What is your operating system? What error message are you getting?

Try posting the URL of one of the YouTube videos you're trying to download from, so I can try it myself and see what happens.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much free space do you have on your hard drive? What is your operating system? What error message are you getting?
It's a new PC, so I think not less than 300 GB of free space on disk.
Win 10, correctly updated.
No error message, just the fact that the download stops, and the file is around 300 MB which equals a 1 hour file, rather than 10 to 15 hours depending on the file.

Try posting the URL of one of the YouTube videos you're trying to download from, so I can try it myself and see what happens.
One of them

I want to retry tonight.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, when I clicked on your link and told it to go to YouTube to watch, the URL on YouTube looked like this:
https: // www . youtube. com/watch?time_continue = 15203&v = IWmvDu4RkeY&feature = emb_logo
{Note: I've inserted some spaces in the URL so that we can actually look at it.}
This put me in the middle of the video, not at the beginning, and if it's the link you're giving to your downloader that may be part of the problem.

To get a clean link, I "rewound" the video to the beginning (unnecessarily, it turns out), and clicked on the Share button, then I copied the URL it gave me, which looks like this (again, with a couple of inserted spaces):
https: // youtu.be/IWmvDu4RkeY

Also, one of the websites I've looked at that talks about problems downloading from YouTube suggests changing the URL so that it begins with https: // www . youtu.be {Spaces inserted again.}

When I tried to download this video, using 4K YouTube to MP3 and the clean URL, at first I got "Video failed to download." This happened almost immediately. I right clicked on the partial download and deleted it, then I pasted the URL into the program again. It's currently been running for about half an hour (I think), and estimates 24 minutes remaining, though I expect it will actually take a good deal longer than that since we have very slow Wifi and estimates are only estimates.

That all said, I'm sending you a private message with more.

Last edited: