Dora had babies

pregogirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well yesterday Dora started acting funny. Very loving and vocal. Well at about 5:30 she started pushing. The first kitten was born at 6:30. She then went on to have 7 babies. I was expecting about 5 but she surprised me. I will post pictures when I take them. We have 3 gray, 2 brown tabby, 1 darker tabby, and 1 black.

I do have a question for you all. I just looked at the kittens and noticed that 1 already has his eyes open. Is that normal. They we born on day 68.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new babies!!!

Hmmm...I don't know about the eyes being open when they are born, normally they open around 10-15 days after birth, but there are always exceptions to the rule!!

Can't wait for piccies of the little bundles of joy!!

Well done Dora!!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
COngratz on the new arrivals..They are so cute. I dont know much about the eyes opening, as I have only seen one litter born in my life, because we always fixed our cats as soon as we got them. Except for the one kitty we found that was pregnant when I was like 12.

So...Good luck! Im glad it all went well.

chupi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi - congrats on your kittens, I'm soooo jealous!

One of our kittens opened his eyes at 2 days, and the rest more or less within 5 days, so its varies, and its ok. Just be sure not to take the babies out in bright light til their eyes have been open for a while - so be careful with the flash on the camera...but do post some pics please!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pregogirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you all know the kittens are doing great. We have 5 boys and 2 girls. I will be posting pictures soon. I would have had it done by now but spent all last night at the hospital with my 1 year old. She has pnomonia (sp). We are all good now, or so they say. When everything calms down i will get the pictures and post more on the babies.