Don't you just love it...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor little confused Sherman lol!!
I can just picture his reaction in my head haha.

I've yet to turn the heat on here (still crankin the AC actually!). We have had several cool nights that require jackets though, so hopefully soon....

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the furnace on for just a couple of hours in the morning to warm the place up and heat water for the day, then I use the wood burner in my kitchen and that keeps the whole house warm as it is very well insulated. I would be burning money too if I used the oil as my main source of heat! The cats love the wood burner, especially now since I have moved a sofa in front of it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a gas engine wood splitter after years of my husband splitting by hand!

But I get warm my throwing the wood on and off the truck and trailer as we split it once we get back home. Oh warm again as we haul most of our wood into the basement and it has to be stacked. Got to love those low electric bills in the winter though....

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a gasoline powered log splitter also. The big sections of oak up in our woods are too heavy to get into the trailer. So my husband is using sledge and wedges to trim off "chords" around the perimeter. He's then able to lift the pieces and the remaining core into the trailer. They still need further splitting.

Name of the game is "can we keep the boiler from coming on."