Don't think its ringworm but can't pinpoint anything else!

katballet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure if I should take my kitten to the vet or not. She has tiny black dots all around one nipple and a little on it and on two more the dots are fainter and smaller but not bumpy. When I first found her she did have flea dirt and was treated and I thought that was possibly it. She's been flea free since (last visit was 2 weeks ago) but the dotting, almost like a spray of them, is still there and it seems they're actually on the skin. She doesn't appreciate my prodding around there so I can't really get close enough for anything more than to see. She did have severe pyrometra and got spayed right away, I don't think one has to do with the other but I thought since it was her nipple area... I just can't find anything on this, it can't be birthmarks can it?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Bakker was just treated for ringworm-the only method to make sure is by doing a culture. It takes about 10 days. Plus that would be an unusual spot to find it. Bakker was on his head and when 2 of the others caught it they had it around their eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katballet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just had to post the doc ruled out worms and fleas and said it's just pigment though even he thought it was odd. As long as its not something serious I'm great with it I've just never seen pigment like that before.

G

ghostuser

I've never seen a cat with spots on their nipples before, either. It must look kinda cool!

I volunteer at a shelter where every cat has had/does have ringworm, and I've seen just about every type of manifestation of ringworm there is. I've yet to see small black dots on the skin. Doesn't mean it can't happen. (I have yet to see if the lump under the skin that I thought was a tick comes back positive for ringworm like the vets say it will. If so, then yeah, I'll have to definately rethink how ringworm can manifest in cats.)