dont talk about my cat like that!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rad65

In my experience, that's how parents are. We were only allowed guinea pigs and hamsters growing up because of my dad's cat dander allergies, and after my first awesome (and best, though I am apologizing to the memory of my other guinea pigs as I write this) guinea pig died, my dad would always compare the new guinea pig with the old one who he was most attached to. Yet, when that one died, he began comparing the new siblings we got to the second guinea pig (and this is just like your situation, we got the new pigs when the second pig was really old, and she died a few months later). Most kids don't realize their parents get attached to pets too (I was actually surprised when my dad was so sad), and I think it's easier for kids to move on to the next pet than it is for parents.
In my mother's case she never liked animals, especially cats until
Lynxx
came along. She wants them to be just like him. I'm glad they are different, that they are each their own cat

annie_belle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi RiffxRaff...after reading through the posts, it sounds like Steve might just be a little under-socialized himself!

Hopefully his comments will run their course and fade away...but, if they don't I wonder instead of any type of confrontation you could try a simple...light toned "Alright...that's enough now...we know you love your kitty and you know we love ours, so let's just leave it at that"...

Maybe he'll get the feeling that he needs to just find something new to talk about.

The other thought that has popped into my head is your boyfriend saying:

"Dude, you gotta stop with the comments...you're killin' me here"...(not that I say things like "Dude" but it sounds like something a guy might say to another guy!
!)

Anyway, hopefully this will sort itself out. Again, maybe Steve is just insecure or lacking in proper upbringing for manners...who knows?!

Until next time...Annie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Annie_Belle

Hi RiffxRaff...after reading through the posts, it sounds like Steve might just be a little under-socialized himself!

Hopefully his comments will run their course and fade away...but, if they don't I wonder instead of any type of confrontation you could try a simple...light toned "Alright...that's enough now...we know you love your kitty and you know we love ours, so let's just leave it at that"...

Maybe he'll get the feeling that he needs to just find something new to talk about.

The other thought that has popped into my head is your boyfriend saying:

"Dude, you gotta stop with the comments...you're killin' me here"...(not that I say things like "Dude" but it sounds like something a guy might say to another guy!
!)

Anyway, hopefully this will sort itself out. Again, maybe Steve is just insecure or lacking in proper upbringing for manners...who knows?!

Until next time...Annie
we have both definately told him to cut it out, but next time im not gonna be nice AS nice about it..he will get the point eventually..i just had to rant a little haha

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never had anyone really say mean things about my cats.. Well, when my Monster was a baby my BFs mom always talked crap and said mean things about him, but I know that was just because she kinda resented him a lil cuz she was missing her cat, who crossed the Bridge about 10 years ago. Then I was hit by a truck out front of my house a few years ago. Monster was just under a year old then, and she started feeding him for me while I was in the hospital (and after I came home cuz I couldn't walk) and Monster started sleeping with her, and they bonded with each other. Now, she says Monster is her cat, and when my BF and I move out, Monster will stay here because this has been his home since he was 4 weeks old & its all he has ever known... but now, I mostly get comments like "WOW!! WHAT A BIG CAT!" Or "he's HUGE!".

Nobody says bad things about my cats, because everyone, and I do mean everyone, that knows me knows that my cats are my babies. They also know that I am like a mama bear with cubs when it comes to my cats.. I WILL KILL anyone who says/does anything that is mean/hurtful to my cats.

Who is this guy to come into Jericho's (aka your) house and run his mouth? No matter what he is saying, unless he is complimenting Jericho, I wouldn't hold my tongue. Id probably say, "Well, if Milo is so much better than my Jericho, then why don't you go home and be with Milo?" And then I'd probably pick Jericho up and take him into the bedroom to cuddle with me until that jerk went home.