Don't need a diagnosis...Just ideas.....(long)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok...I just wanted to update you all.....

She finished her pancure, and is completly on the new food, along w/ the 10 milligrams of prednizone.....

And all though there were signs of improvement....Yinny went from 10 accidents a day to 2 a day........Our vet still feels that much more can be done....

She doent want to increase her prednizone....out of fear that she may develop diabetes.....so she has put Yinny on a 10 day treatment of Flagyl...along w/ the 10 mill of prednizone.......

After the 10 days we will reevaluate the situation and if she has not improved the next step is to put her on a kemothrapy drug, which although it is traditionally used for cancer....it is also used on severe cases of IBS as well......

I am hoping though that the flagyl/prednisone combo works because I would hate to have to put her on the kemotherapy drug.........that just seems so scary.......the person administering it has to be super duper careful when handling it......and I have seen people on kemotherapy and would hate to see a poor kitty on it........

I wish this had been discovered before now.....back when it was more treatable...........Oh well what can we do....I guess just our best....right???