Don't know what to do...

boosmomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do. This morning I was heading out to Target when DH calls to tell me when he left the house for work he heard meowing. He pulled over about a block and a half away from our house and opened the hood of his truck. He saw a kitty in there. This kitten is one that lives around the few houses around us. He must've been in the truck to stay warm and stayed there as my husband drove off. I turned the car around to go meet him to see if I could coax the kitten into my car so I could bring him back home. We couldn't find him so we switched cars and I drove the truck back home. I feel terrible. This cat could either be a block and a half away from home (a very long block with a busy intersection) or still in the truck in our drive way. I feel sick over the fact that this cat may not be home ever again and has to fend for himself in a new area. What do I do? I'm just so sad and I know it's not our faults but I feel like there was something I could have done. :(

Update: I've already checked the truck, let it sit for a while and put food out near our driveway where we know the cat hangs around. I went back to the spot where we were when my husband discovered the kitten in the truck and I don't see him anywhere. I feel so guilty.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do. This morning I was heading out to Target when DH calls to tell me when he left the house for work he heard meowing. He pulled over about a block and a half away from our house and opened the hood of his truck. He saw a kitty in there. This kitten is one that lives around the few houses around us. He must've been in the truck to stay warm and stayed there as my husband drove off. I turned the car around to go meet him to see if I could coax the kitten into my car so I could bring him back home. We couldn't find him so we switched cars and I drove the truck back home. I feel terrible. This cat could either be a block and a half away from home (a very long block with a busy intersection) or still in the truck in our drive way. I feel sick over the fact that this cat may not be home ever again and has to fend for himself in a new area. What do I do? I'm just so sad and I know it's not our faults but I feel like there was something I could have done.

Update: I've already checked the truck, let it sit for a while and put food out near our driveway where we know the cat hangs around. I went back to the spot where we were when my husband discovered the kitten in the truck and I don't see him anywhere. I feel so guilty.
Try not to feel bad, you did nothing wrong!  I would feel the same way though.  My guess would be that he's still hiding in the truck somewhere since you and your husband never saw him run away from it.  There are probably lots of little spaces he could hide inside the hood.  I would definitely keep food out nearby to see if he comes out.  I hope he comes out soon!  Good luck!!