Don't Know What Else To Do

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a teenager we had a rescue cat with a severe flea allergy. He was on a strict flea treatment regimen and steroids. Unfortunately he still went outside, but us kids had no control over that.

I have a detergent allergy too. I had a sample of something and made the mistake of washing my sheets in it. I had to rewash them the next day I got such a bad skin reaction from it.
Normally I use Method Free + Clear, maybe you could try that for the kitty's bedding? I use it for my cats' bedding too. I used to use Tide Free, but I started having problems with that too.

indigowulf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a thought... you say you have mostly tile and the other 2 cats have no signs of fleas... if your cats are mostly indoor, why not try NO flea medication? It may not be a flea alergy, it maybe a med alergy that all popular flea products have in common?

I personally have 4 cats, 1 of whom goes outside. The outdoor kitty is on advantage, the others nothing. I dont have a flea problem even in the spring when all my neighbors do. Never know, and anything is worth trying!

Not really related but,... you asked about quality food that's cheap.. I use Authority from Petsmart. They have both chicken and lamb formulas, and thier main ingrediant is "lamb mutton" or "chicken breast" NOT biproducts. Me and my hunny arent rich by any means, and with 4 feline mouths to feed, this is what works for us. He recently moved in and changed his cats diet from meow mix to authority, and has visably noticed his cats fur become sleeker and healthier looking. They process the food better, so will eat less, and *waste* less, cutting down on litter costs as well. (yeah i know petsmart should hire me already :p)

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coco has Allergies and Asthma . One time her fur came out in Clumps because she was Allergic to something. it could be Allergies or something else with your cat.