dont go to bed hungry

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catnapt

well she (yeh, Mickie is a girl, and no i did not give her that name!!) would probably love the cofffee , she has dirt fetish, and will eat anything that is gritty.

but she is 19yrs old and has CRF and IBD and needs to eat as much food as THREE cats would (yeh it gets expensive) because its not all absorbed by her digestive tract.

she is senile too, and well, i have been doing this for three years now- the getting up nearly every half hour, that i don't know if i could sleep any longer than that at one time now LOL

i breifly thought one night, when she woke me up just to be pet, and had already woken me up many times - "this frikkin cat's gonna live forever!!" but of course that was just out of exhaustion.

i would have been devastated if she had up and died that day!!
Of course it was just exhaustion! Anyone would have thought that, you are a saint, and I'm sure she knows it - not every kitty can wake their humans up just for petting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnapt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Of course it was just exhaustion! Anyone would have thought that, you are a saint, and I'm sure she knows it - not every kitty can wake their humans up just for petting.
thanks, but i'm no saint believe me!!

i think if she were younger, i would not be so willing to do this. but i recently lost a 14 yr old cat i took in as a foster (and he was so sick, he was only with me for a year)

and i know how broken hearted i was over that,
i can only imagine how hard it will be when Mickie leaves me...

so i spend every moment i can with her, you know?

i have never known a cat like her- who NEVER gets tired of being pet!! you could pet all her fur off, i think, and she would still want more LOL

thanks for your kind words