Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The US has another week to go. We don't change until 11/6.

cyndersmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

We go back 1 hour on Sunday. Don't forget to set your clocks back.
are we not the same as the states now, im in b.c. and we set our clocks back next week the same as he u.s.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got confused for a moment
, but it is next week. It used to be end of October. Now first week of November.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Europe switched back early this morning, so the reminder is good for people living on the eastern side of the Pond.
Poor Jamie couldn't understand why his automatic feeder didn't open at 5 a.m.. He can't go to sleep till he's seen me fill and set it.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I don't change the clocks, regardless.
Same here, and it is just wonderful.

Of course. there is a small group of deviants..er misguided souls who want to go back to changing time twice a year, but a gov't poll shot them down. The fools wanted to go back to the old time zone lines where, in some areas, you have to leave an hour early to get to someplace east of your house on time, even a five minute drive. There was a decision made in the early 60s NOT to change time because of the division of the province, and it has been working well and it does not need fixing.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Argh gave me a fright! I had an 8am appointment to give insulin this morning, that would have been a bad moment to forget daylight savings time.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The only way I remember the new change is because when the US was talking about changing, the candy companies were lobbying to have it happen after Halloween. More light in the evening meant more trick-or-treating and thus more candy sales.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Europe switched back early this morning, so the reminder is good for people living on the eastern side of the Pond.
Poor Jamie couldn't understand why his automatic feeder didn't open at 5 a.m.. He can't go to sleep till he's seen me fill and set it.
i talked to my mom in Germany and she reminded me that we're a week late

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got worried for a minute!
I wondered if I lost a week somehow when I saw the thread!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only remember its the first weekend in nov because the year I changed was the year i got married and the late change allowed us to still do outdoor photos lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

The US has another week to go. We don't change until 11/6.
So glad you said that right after I read the thread title! I almost had a small heart attack!
(I was certain I had another hour before I had to be anywhere , thankfully I was correct!
)