Don't EVER Use Dish-Washing Detergent In Your Dishwasher!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

OMG, I'm glad you posted this, because I'm running REALLY low on cascade and was considering using dishwashing liquid! I wouldn't be smart enough to only put a little bit in either...I probably would have filled it up the entire way!
DON'T DO IT!!

If posting this saves even one person from making that mistake, I'm glad I did it!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

OMG that is SOOOO hilarious!! What can I say..... you brought it upon yourself, hun!
What can I say?!
Besides live & learn..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You know, I've always wondered about that. There have been times I've run out of dishwasher stuff and have been tempted to try regular dish soap, but decided against it. Glad that I did!
Now you know! And you saved yourself from cleaning up such a mess, and also from having dreams about Scrubbing Bubbles..

~KK~

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a roommate who did the same thing shortly after we moved into that apartment.

I did find out during a lengthy period of unemployment that baking soda, with *just a couple drops* of liquid dish detergent makes a reasonable facsimile of dishwasher detergent. You might want to run your dishes through the rinse cycle an extra time, though.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creativgirl

I did find out during a lengthy period of unemployment that baking soda, with *just a couple drops* of liquid dish detergent makes a reasonable facsimile of dishwasher detergent. You might want to run your dishes through the rinse cycle an extra time, though.
Hmmm - that's interesting!
I'll have to try that, the next time I run out.
Thanks for the tip!

~KK~

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did it as well when i was 18, it wasnt even in my house, i was at my ex bfs step fathers place, and i thought id be helpful by cleaning up and they didnt have any tabs left so i put in a little detergent. Ex bfs sister came home thinking :censor::censor::censor:???

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have so done this before. In my first apartment and my first load of dishes. DH and I couldn't stop laughing! I swear, we were up to our knees in bubbles!
Now I always keep a box of cascade under the sink in case I run out of tabs.