Dolly’s bedtime routine

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ou oldest rescue, dolly, is very adamant when it comes to bedtime. This is her protest “ I’m ready, why don’t you put me to bed” stance. Now keep in mind the door to the basement is open all the time but for 12 years you have to take her down to bed!
5AA39497-4D90-4065-B098-BB82524DAAB7.jpeg
B49E90A9-EA5E-45EF-8031-97ABF8F66F0F.jpeg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Why is your cat sleeping in in the basement? No beds anywhere else? All my cats always slept in bed with me. My Chamouti starts hanging around my face bumping me and sometimes vocalizing when it is time for ME to go to bed as he will not go there by himself as he is what I call a Velcro Cat, he has to be in the same room as I am. Since you have allowed your cat to insist on this behavior for all these years it will be hard to break her of this habit. On the other hand if your cat is the one who runs the house and her people then I guess you will just have to abide by Her Majesty's wishes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, you’ll love this. We have 7 rescues. Four in house, three in basement. Three of the four in house go outside as demanded. All have cat doors to go to a cattery. Complicated? Gets better. My wife is allergic to cats! So while they can sleep on the bed during the day she needs relief at night.
Guess we cat people will do anything for fur babies….ha!

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, you’ll love this. We have 7 rescues. Four in house, three in basement. Three of the four in house go outside as demanded. All have cat doors to go to a cattery. Complicated? Gets better. My wife is allergic to cats! So while they can sleep on the bed during the day she needs relief at night.
Guess we cat people will do anything for fur babies….ha!
She is a beauty, loved very much.