doll face persian

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them both! The traditional "doll faced" does have a very sweet, soft face. But I have a soft spot for the squishy faced (standard)kitties for some reason! And I love your kitty! Looks like the one I wanted to get (Nora). I didn't get her because she doesn't like a litter box and is VERY anti social. We couldn't even catch her so I could see her up close!

misha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nearly all over the world now we are breding for a open cat with sweet expression, cobby body , small ears that fot well in with the head etc etc, why should we make two different breeds?
Sam...some people prefer the more traditional look. I'm not a Persian person, but I am a Siamese lover, and I much, much prefer the look of the Traditional Siamese to the modern one, and so do many other people. There are quite a few Traditional Siamese breeders in the world, and there is a lot of interest in these cats. Speaking as a member of the general public & not somebody associated with the cat fancy, I feel that the way the Siamese went (ie: more slender appearance) was out of my control, it's something the breeders/cat clubs decided on. Not everybody wants the modern breeds.

Julia.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Misha, I agree with you. My Siamese are traditional. When I first started seeing the "new" Siamese, I was shocked. They look more like Sphynx cats with hair and markings, then like the Siamese I have always known and loved. Personally, I don't even know anyone who has the New style Siamese cats, but I know a lot of people with Siamese like mine.

As far as Persians go, I think there should be room for both types. Personally, I think the doll faced are prettier, but that's just my own personal preference. I ended up getting a little flat faced boy, and I love him, just the way he is.

cherry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
bbsmom! Your cat is really sweet! Don't bother what people say - just love him!

And some more -just to say the fact that in Russia "baby doll face" means extremal Persian, and long noses are called "traditional" or "old style"

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Misha
Sam...some people prefer the more traditional look. I'm not a Persian person, but I am a Siamese lover, and I much, much prefer the look of the Traditional Siamese to the modern one, and so do many other people. There are quite a few Traditional Siamese breeders in the world, and there is a lot of interest in these cats. Speaking as a member of the general public & not somebody associated with the cat fancy, I feel that the way the Siamese went (ie: more slender appearance) was out of my control, it's something the breeders/cat clubs decided on. Not everybody wants the modern breeds.

Julia.
I prefer the traditional Siamese too!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammie's Persians are also good examples of the breed!

Ok if so many people feel strongly about having the Traditonal Persian and the Modern Persian they should perhaps make a remit to their cat fancys breed council, I'm not against it BUT what I feel breeding cats mean is to better the breed as well as love for the breed , the long nosed "doll faced" cats were left behing ages ago and many have now leapt into future cats like my holly above!

I don't mean to offend!

misha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sam, I think some of the Traditional Siamese breeders are working towards having their cats accepted with the mainstream cat clubs. But, it's a slow process.

I'm not having a go here, but I do wonder why breeders & cat clubs felt the need to "alter" the breed by producing shorter nosed cats in Persians, and slimmer cats in Siamese.

I myself don't mind the modern Siamese, I have one myself, there are some beautiful Siamese on the show circuit, but if given the choice, I would go for the Traditional Siamese any day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should be given the choice. We can't pretend that the traditional breeds don't exist anymore & that the public don't want them. There are some people who do like the modern versions & some who like the original versions, and I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to adopt both varieties. That said, breeders of traditional Persians & Siamese should have to breed to a standard just like breeders of modern Persians & Siamese.

Julia.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wellington Cats! HOlly is beautiful. That is the color I have always wanted but There are not many breeders close to me and I dont really have that amount of money to spend on a cat. The comment someone made about people shoulnt breed doll face (traditionals) for pets, I think that is ridiculous. Many people only want cats as pets and there is nothing wrong with that. I am one of those people. As long as the cat, kittens are cared for it shouldnt matter.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by bbsmom
Wellington Cats! HOlly is beautiful. That is the color I have always wanted but There are not many breeders close to me and I dont really have that amount of money to spend on a cat. The comment someone made about people shoulnt breed doll face (traditionals) for pets, I think that is ridiculous. Many people only want cats as pets and there is nothing wrong with that. I am one of those people. As long as the cat, kittens are cared for it shouldnt matter.
Amen! As long as the breeder is responsible. After all.... someday your "doll face" may be a rare jewell. And a beautiful one at that!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Misha
Sam, I think some of the Traditional Siamese breeders are working towards having their cats accepted with the mainstream cat clubs. But, it's a slow process.

I'm not having a go here, but I do wonder why breeders & cat clubs felt the need to "alter" the breed by producing shorter nosed cats in Persians, and slimmer cats in Siamese.

I myself don't mind the modern Siamese, I have one myself, there are some beautiful Siamese on the show circuit, but if given the choice, I would go for the Traditional Siamese any day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should be given the choice. We can't pretend that the traditional breeds don't exist anymore & that the public don't want them. There are some people who do like the modern versions & some who like the original versions, and I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to adopt both varieties. That said, breeders of traditional Persians & Siamese should have to breed to a standard just like breeders of modern Persians & Siamese.

Julia.
People that wanna breed the old-style cats, they are most welcome to, but more people like the modern type so that's why they are on the show bench.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by bbsmom
Thanks, Holly sure is beautiful, Bbsom it's a shame you don't live over here in NZ because you could have a cat like Holly for $250- We sell them cheap because we are not trying to make money it's just a hobby!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by allissa

Hmm.
I tried to get a doll face persian in my area and the breeder had a waiting list way too long so I couldn't get one in my area.
So, somebody is buying them.
And in my eyes, they are way prettier than the flat faced ones.
Easy now..... you don't want to drum up a bunch of old, bad feelings now do you? That isn't a very sensitive thing to say on a cat site with a bunch of persian owners on it. What is the purpose of saying such a thing? Oh and by the way..... doll faced persians are not much prettier in my opinion and there are millions of people who dissagree with you on that (since the standard, flat face persian is the most popular and sought after cat out there). Each of them are just as gorgeous though, and I love them both.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I am a PERSIAN owner.
Mine is dollface, and that is the way I and my family like him. And not just me, because everybody who have seen my cat tells me how gorgeous and beatiful he is. And right now, I am looking for a buddy for him, and that will also be a doll face persian, even if they are not easy to find around here because most people breed for the modern look. As for who is prettier, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Good for you! I am a Persian owner myself and have rescued many. Everyone always mentions how gorgeous my cats are too. I have the peke face persians but one isn't as exteme as most peke face cats. You hit the nail on the head here and this might have been a much better statment than proclaiming the doll face is "much more pretty" as in your original post:
As for who is prettier, beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Or an even better statment would be that you prefer the doll face. As I said before, I love them both and one of my persians is a bit more toward doll face then the peke face. Somewhere in between really.

I've seen too many peoples feelings hurt and too much controversy on these boards when strong statments are made!

By the way, I responded to another post where you mentioned persian's eyes are copper or blue. Just in case you didn't see my reply... they can also have hazel, green and one blue one copper eyes!

Good luck finding your dream cat!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I am a PERSIAN owner.
Mine is dollface, and that is the way I and my family like him. And not just me, because everybody who have seen my cat tells me how gorgeous and beatiful he is. And right now, I am looking for a buddy for him, and that will also be a doll face persian, even if they are not easy to find around here because most people breed for the modern look. As for who is prettier, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Hi allisa , I also have 4 persian and all of my persian come from rescue . Have thought about maybe looking into a rescue to find a perfet match for your baby ? You also could look into http://www.petsfinder.com . When there you can look to your left and click breed , then cats and after that you just look for persian cats

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrfectCatlove

Hi allisa , I also have 4 persian and all of my persian come from rescue . Have thought about maybe looking into a rescue to find a perfet match for your baby ? You also could look into http://www.petsfinder.com . When there you can look to your left and click breed , then cats and after that you just look for persian cats
That's a good idea Hedi! I see doll face persians on there all the time! Hopefully she can find one close to her area. Or I know of a lady that transports anywhere in the U.S. for a flat $150. She flies with them but they fly in the cabin with her and not in cargo. Jake and Hallie came from California with her. She's wonderful too.... I don't know if I have her email anymore but I bet I could find it if need be!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

That's a good idea Hedi! I see doll face persians on there all the time! Hopefully she can find one close to her area. Or I know of a lady that transports anywhere in the U.S. for a flat $150. She flies with them but they fly in the cabin with her and not in cargo. Jake and Hallie came from California with her. She's wonderful too.... I don't know if I have her email anymore but I bet I could find it if need be!
Mzjazz , some rescue groups even have transport lined up with people who volunteers just for that matter