Dog-Cat fight!

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There was just a major fight in my backyard! A dog (don't know whose dog) and one of my cats. I don't know for sure which cat it was. I have found all of them except Tater Dude. I heard some terrible sound coming from outside and I went running outside in the cold in my pajamas, because I knew part of that sound was a cat. I could not see anything because it is dark outside, but I could hear everything. I was yelling for someone to bring me a flashlight (which I forgot in my panic to get outside) while at the same time I was just running in the direction of the sound of the fight and yelling at the dog - which I could not see. The sound stopped right before I got the flashlight and I never saw anything. One of my cats came from the near direction of where the fight might have been. I don't know if she just ran to see what was going on or if she might have been the one involved. She is fine - not a scratch or anything (and she is an old cat). I still can't find Tater Dude, which has me very worried. The cat in the fight sounded like it was being hurt, but the dog sounded much worse. I'm very worried! What a night!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh noooo . I hope your cat is ok . Please let us know what the out come of this fight was , hopefully nothing .

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!! That is awful! I hope you can find Tater Dude and that he is okay! I said a prayer that everything will be alright!!! That is so scary! I know on rare occassions I have heard fighting sounds and one of my cats screetching and ran outside scared to death, only to find that two of them were fighting over a dead mouse or something....but it still scared me half to death thinking something was attacking one of them! My thoughts are with you and your kitties! Please let us know if you find him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been a couple of hours now, and I still can't find Dude. He does roam around a lot at night. Maybe that's it. I just can't get the sound of the fight out of my head. That dog was barking and the cat and dog both were just making awful noises. That's what's worrying me so much. There are cat fights outside all the time, but nothing major. Usually just my cats running off a stray or something. Most of them are pretty strong, but Dude is just now getting over some kind of cold and he was alreay hurt once this year (mysteriously). I'm not going to get much sleep tonight if I don't find him soon.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will continue to say prayers and think of Dude.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I sure hope he's OK, and you find him soon.
sending 'come home' vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tater Dude is always on the front porch waiting to come inside every morning. This morning he wasn't. That really scared me. I just knew that something was really bad wrong. But I have found him! He's fine. He came up to the front porch carrying a bird and ate it. I was so happy to see that cat. I worried all night long. I'm still not sure if it was him or another cat fighting with the dog, but whichever one it was - the cat won! All of my babies are accounted for and doing fine. I'm so happy! Here's a picture of him relaxing on the couch:

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Im glad to hear he came back ok. It reminded me of our Fox terrier a while ago he massacred a whole bunch of our neighbors kittens. Thats was the saddest day ever.

Anyway, im glad hes ok

Peace,
Brandon

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phew , I am so happy he is back . I worry about him too , but he looks good
May I also say really cute in that pic .

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It reminded me of our Fox terrier a while ago he massacred a whole bunch of our neighbors kittens
I've been there, so I know how distressing that can be. I'm sorry you had to see this.

I don't think most people realize how strong even a relatively small dog can be, and how quickly and efficiently they can kill a cat (especially a kitten.) Saddly, if the noise from the dog and cat fight stopped abruptly then it's most likely because the dog killed the cat that was in the fight. If the cat drove the dog off it's likely the dog would have yelped or wimpered as is retreated.

I'm glad Tater Dude is home safe and sound.

George

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by CharmsDad
I've been there, so I know how distressing that can be. I'm sorry you had to see this.

I don't think most people realize how strong even a relatively small dog can be, and how quickly and efficiently they can kill a cat (especially a kitten.) Saddly, if the noise from the dog and cat fight stopped abruptly then it's most likely because the dog killed the cat that was in the fight. If the cat drove the dog off it's likely the dog would have yelped or wimpered as is retreated.

I'm glad Tater Dude is home safe and sound.

George
Yeah I agree, I don't think cats really stand a chance against a dog. Its sad when things like that happen.

Peace,
Brandon

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!!! I am SO glad to hear Tater Dude is home, safe and sound!!!
And I loved the picture!!! What a relaxed pose!!! He looks alot like my Milo!