Dog And Litter Box :(

brit1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I brought in a barn cat so she can enjoy life as a house cat. I set up her litter box in the closet of my office and bought a pet gate with a small door thinking it would work to keep my dog out of the litter box. However apparently they only work in wide areas, in the doorway it doesn't expand enough to allow use of the pet door so am returning it. Any thoughts on how to block the dog from the litter box? The door to the closet btw is not a normal door, it has panels and would be pretty much impossible to put a cat door in. TIA

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe one of those portable pet fences? Depending on the size of the dog, I've seen people use baby gates too with openings wide enough for a cat to walk right through but too small for dogs.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there space in the office for furniture you can hide a litter box in? Like these Litter Boxes & Enclosures You can also DIY one. There are plenty of web sites on how to do this, either building your own from scratch or hacking other household furniture. IKEA hacks for pets are popular.

Also see this similar thread: Problem With Dog And Litter Box

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

brit1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thnx so much for the input, been a great help! I have ordered the Door Buddy as it sounds like the best option :) brit