Doesn't cover his business

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Katrina, the one we adopted a few years ago, doesn't cover her poop either. In fact, she doesn't even bother to dig
She just gets in the box, goes and walks out. Is that thanks or what
All my others are very good, but 2 of my Pixie Bobs will drive you crazy in the middle of the night. They will dig and dig and dig as if they are trying to dig to China. But they always cover. Interesting thing about Amber. She doesn't use her front paws to dig. She gets in the box, and kicks with her back feet. She then covers with her front. Cats, you gotta love them

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of the time Rosie covers hers up, but sometimes you can still see bits where she has'nt flicked the litter over properly.

And if i'm really lucky, she goes at the litter hell for leather and flicks a bit poop out of the tray as well as the litter!, don't ask me how!!

Susan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only time Sam covers is when he somehow kicks a piece out on the floor. Since all the floors are wood, he scratches like crazy to cover it up or if no one is home to fix the problem, he will drag a blanket off the bed and work till hes got it covered with that.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Abby7625
The only time Sam covers is when he somehow kicks a piece out on the floor. Since all the floors are wood, he scratches like crazy to cover it up or if no one is home to fix the problem, he will drag a blanket off the bed and work till hes got it covered with that.
This made me laugh out loud

psychokitty99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our Ernie ( 4 y/o meezer ) doesn't cover his, but scratches the sides of the hood. The two girls, Izzy B (10 mo calico tabby) and Phoebe (2 y/o meezer) both cover theirs.

May it's a guy thing! LOL!!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine doesn't cover either, he was abandoned on the streets for a long time so
he may not have learned it. I just cover it with the scoop when I see it. not a big deal really.

acemoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Princess is a... princess. She does her stuff and then....Oooooh! Did I do THAT?!!!!
I MUST get out of this stinky box right now!!!! (Of course I scoop the boxes at least twice a day -- she is just being... a princess.Hmm.. the Princess and the Pee
...)

Anyway, I know who's been in the litter box because if there's a MOUND of litter piled high, Baby's been there. If poopy "icebergs" are a "floating" on the surface - Princess has dun it and run.

Cee Cee will also dig dig dig. Interesting -- Both CC and Baby lived on the mean streets for a time, so covering their smell was a method of ensuring survival. Princess was born in someone's house where it was more "civilized" (and they soon sent her and her siblings to the local shelter .. boo... hiss...
Those people's loss, my gain).