Does your kitty have a meow?

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
When Sleeves Miaows it always sounds like he's asking a question.
He has different miaows for different things. He has a cushion that he likes to kneed and sometimes he cant manage to kick it onto the floor to get going on it properly so he yelps his head off so that if Im upstairs in bed, I know exactly whats wrong so I come down and put it on the floor for him.
His miaows are very high pitched and feminine.
Nismo is completely different. She skwarks instead of miaowing. She sometimes sounds like a duck, sometimes a crow. Either way she is a bird trapped in a cats body

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mister has the loudest meow of my lot. Scampi doesn't meow she squeaks like a mouse and squeals when excited.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout has like 4 meows..

She has a small pathetic.."pet me" meow
She has a loud obnoxious "wake up mom" meow
She has a sharp quick loud meow "leave my belly alone" meow
She has a long drawn out "I just woke up and where is my mom" meow

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harriet sounds like she's been smoking for 30 years. It's very distinct and very funny. used to make everyone at the shelter giggle.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily has a very loud siamese meow. Though she doesnt look it her dad was a siamese/ brown tabby mix. Her mom was a patched tabby mix.

Annie Rose has a loud meow when she wants to meow but shes pretty quite most of the time.

Kitten most of the time she does what I call the silent meow. But if she is looking for one of the other animals and cant find it she sounds like a cat in heat.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily has a beautiful kitteny "mow" that she uses when on the bed. She'll be rubbing around me purring and doing soft little mows at me and she's irresistable!

Stumpy's pretty quiet, but has a regular meow if I'm outside, and she's in the window and has seen me coming toward her! At night time she'll walk around outside our bedroom doing a loud "MOWRRR MOWRRRR" which is really deep and guttural like she's in heat, or has just lost something
As soon as I call out to her she comes running in to the bedroom purring and she's fine then

Crazy cat!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

Harriet sounds like she's been smoking for 30 years. It's very distinct and very funny. used to make everyone at the shelter giggle.
that is too funny!!! lol, i'd love to hear an audio clip of that

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chasey has a few different meows. Two of them sound like: "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryan" and "wyan"
Others she does are too hard to translate into written symbols or phonetic spellings.