Does your DH or S/O help out around the house?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overall that would be a no!!

He was the youngest of seven children and grew up on a small dairy farm where is mom didn't work outside the house. So every now and then he reminds me of that fact.

I have to ask (aka nag) quite a bit so I stopped as it wasn't successful. One task I do not do at all is mow the lawn as we have a commercial mower and I don't feel comfortable operating it. Otherwise its usually a surprise if he helps.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Are you kidding me? Half the time I feel like a slave because he won't get off the Xbox to get his own glass of pop. I'm always getting him stuff and running to the gas station for him. I'm starting to put my foot down though. As far as household chores go I don't mind because I'm not working right now.
I'll warn you, DON'T spoil him because it will be a constant battle forever after. Speaking from experience, unfortunately.

Does my DH help around the house? Well .. he isn't working and I am, yet the only thing he does is his own laundry. And he only does that because I flat out refuse. Although I'll give him credit for cleaning the kitchen today. I've been working a lot of overtime - like 14 & 15 hour days - this week and the kitchen was a holy mess because I wasn't doing anything. Tonight when I came home, it was clean.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH does all the outside stuff -- gardening, mowing, etc. He does all the fixit stuff. He does all the household financial stuff. He maintains our computers. I do the kitchen stuff -- cooking, dishes. I do laundry for both of us (but make him fetch his once it's folded), mending (when I get around to it
). We have cleaners in to do the basic cleaning. If we are preparing for or cleaning up from entertaining, he always pitches in without my having to ask. Anything not mentioned there gets done by whoever it bugs first. It works.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jim is responsible for all the outside stuff, so he pays someone to do it for him. He helps me inside by offering to pay for someone to do it inside. Thats the best I've ever gotten out of him. Oh he takes out the garbage.

And he will bring home "groceries" if I ask him to stop and get some things.