Does your cats have middle names or am I just insane?

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of ours have middle names, which I just randomly came up with at some point. I think I was scolding Iris and babying Chloe.

Chloe Belle and Iris Ann. Who knows where they came from, I guess they just sounded good.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats don't really have middle names, but they do all have lengthy names.

My sister-in-law has one of our bengals and she named her "Raven" and her middle name is "Lunatic"

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dog does, Maggie May (mom spells it Maggie Mae). I'm still trying to think of one for Marlee. Marlee May keeps wanting to pop out of my mouth, but I want her and her puppy sis to have different ones. After reading these posts I kinda like Marlee Belle...any other ideas would be appreciated!

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been meaning to start a thread about cat names, it's an interesting topic.

There's some real truth to that wonderful poem by TS Eliot, The Naming of Cats, in that cats most definitely require more than one name.

We start with choosing a name for a cat using a common theme -- geographical locations. The last three cats have been Kashmir, Oslo, and Sofia.

That name eventually mutates and evolves over many years, e.g.:

Kashmir -> Kashmeow -> Mr. Kash Meow -> Mr. Meow -> Misto Meow -> Misto!

At some point you reach an equilibrium, and it seems as if you've discovered the perfect name for that cat. For example, Misto is hard to beat for this guy; it just seems to capture his personality perfectly.

He especially likes it when you shout out his name and drag out the O's, like:

Mist-OOOOOOO!

If you do this, he'll join in with an extended meow, like

Meow-OOOOOOOOW!

thereby acknowledging that we've discovered his true cat name.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

I read your captivating cats thread, and wondered how do you think up such wierd and wonderful names??
All show cats need a "Prefix" (Mine is Captivating) and a name, we don't want just a boring name like "Captivating Bob" - we choose exciting names like Captivating Mary go round.

evvywev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine don't really have second names, but Shadow gets called Shadpad. Purrii =purriiwurri, I had a cat called macavity who used to be called cavpots and then there was Kayos who got called cossypossy. I wonder what will happen to Uno and Duo?!!!

blue_monday_88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nursecheryl81

Of course my kitties have middle names...

Basil Oregano
Olivia Rosemary

How cute are they?

~Cheryl
And cute...makes me want to make some marinara sauce LOL

Cassie has no middle name, but her full name is Cassiopeia. We have a million different nicknames for her, but I guess technically her middle name could be "baby." I call her, Cassie Bay-bee when she comes to me
Baby is one of her nicknames as well. (As in, "Hi Baby!")

As for Napoleon, well, his middle name is "Dynamite" after the movie character. But he's also known as Dingleberry or Kitty. (As in "Hey Kitty!")

Don't know why I call Cassie "Baby" or Napoleon "Kitty." Just one of those things, you have to do.