Does your cat tell you when it's bed time?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

Ginger kitty, the girl I just lost
, would tell my husband it was bed time. Every night right around ten she would jump up on his stomach where he was laying on the couch. She was never more than ten minutes off, either. She would sit on his stomach and stare at him for a minute, then meow at him if he didn't get up. If he didn't say "ok, bedtime", she'd just curl up on him and sleep right there. As soon as he said "bedtime", though, she's jump down, run for the bed and curl up there.

She would start out at the foot of the bed and put her chin on her crossed front paws, looking so comfortable. When we came in, she'd always have her eyes closed but would look up when we came in. She would just have this look of "I'm being good. Don't move me. Let me stay." It was a look to break hearts.

When we did let her say, she'd wait for us to get comfortable and still, then she'd sneak up and lay on top of us. If we were close enough, she'd put half her body on each of us. If not, she'd settle for just curling up on Hubby again and purring -- loudly -- for hours.

It became a bedtime ritual, and it's something I will really really miss. I don't know what to do without my girl. For a cat that was always supposed to go to another home, she sure secured her place in my heart and home. Everyone who has a bedtime kitty -- snuggle that baby close to you for me.
I'm so sorry about Ginger.

Speck goes to bed on his own, without us, often. Other times, he'll sleep on the sofa while I read late at night. Daisy also likes for me to stay up, and generally she'll stay up with me.

One night, there was a moth in the kitchen. I was getting something to eat and thought I would put it outside after I finished. Daisy had already gone to bed, so I was in no hurry. Wouldn't you know, she heard me in the kitchen, got up, and stepped on the moth on purpose before I could stop her!

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ku Ku first sits & stares at me, then meows. If I ignore her, she'd keep meowing until I finally look and talk to her, "OK, time for bed, right?"

As soon as I lie down, she'd jump up on bed and sphinx while her front paws are on my stomach.

I'll be feeling her prrrrr on my stomach and falling into sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittygirl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KKH

Ku Ku first sits & stares at me, then meows. If I ignore her, she'd keep meowing until I finally look and talk to her, "OK, time for bed, right?"

As soon as I lie down, she'd jump up on bed and sphinx while her front paws are on my stomach.

I'll be feeling her prrrrr on my stomach and falling into sleep.
Awwww! That is so cute!

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyGirl02

Awwww! That is so cute!
Very soothing & relaxing, too

She's my sleep-inducing remedy.
Definitely a better alternative to counting sheep

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I have the opposite experience of most of you. I have to physically round up my herd when it's time to go to bed. I just must go to bed earlier than everyone here, which is around 9-10pm. I don't necessarily go to sleep that early, but I like to take my time with my bath and then read for a while before I go to sleep. I have to actually leave a bag of treats in my bedroom to get them all to come in there with me each night. And sometimes even that doesn't work so I have to play the "mommy just wants to pet you, I'm not going to get you" game.