Does your cat tell you he doesn't want to eat this today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I first switched to all canned, I bought 2 small cans of several good quality brands. I noted which were a hit and what cat liked what. The ones no one liked I never tried again. The ones they seemed to like I bought again (2 or 3 cans). If they were still a hit I ordered a case from chewy.com. We all know cats can [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ something the first time then walk away [emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji] the second time! [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]
Yes, that's why I bought 2 cans to try out.   I'll try again another day to see if its a go.     I left it there for him for a couple of hours this morning but he never went back to it.  Had to feed him something else (NV Instinct chicken).    Like I said he does have a Wellness in his rotation.  He loves Wellness chicken and turkey pouches.

I'm the same.  I only order cases when I know its one of his faves. ie. Natural Choice,  Weruva chicken.  I have NV Instinct chicken on my subsciption to ship every month from Wag.com but I may have to change that since he goes back and forth on whether he's going to eat it. 

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's why I bought 2 cans to try out.   I'll try again another day to see if its a go.     I left it there for him for a couple of hours this morning but he never went back to it.  Had to feed him something else (NV Instinct chicken).    Like I said he does have a Wellness in his rotation.  He loves Wellness chicken and turkey pouches.

I'm the same.  I only order cases when I know its one of his faves. ie. Natural Choice,  Weruva chicken.  I have NV Instinct chicken on my subsciption to ship every month from Wag.com but I may have to change that since he goes back and forth on whether he's going to eat it. 
I have only tried their rabbit which the cats love. They like Merrick chicken or duck
Pate. My girl left all the bits in the wellness pouches after drinking the liquid!

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Gave Lokhi Wellness Divine Duo's this morning for the first time and he wasn't a fan.    Luckily I only bought 2 to try out but seems its a no go with him.   He's eaten other Wellness so figured he might like it but surprisingly he sniffed and wanted something else. 
Does your cat like bits better than pate which mine prefer if so did you try pride ny instinct it is sliced or minced. Mine love the rockstar rabbit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 Does your cat like bits better than pate which mine prefer if so did you try pride ny instinct it is sliced or minced. Mine love the rockstar rabbi
He's not really too picky so he will eat pate, minced, chunks, etc.   He probably prefers pate but he eats the wellness pouches and he eats the Pride rabbit minced.  He licks the gravy first but he always goes back and eats the morsels left over.   Thankfully!

nirvarna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I spent months weaning my cat of of Deli Cat which has got to be the cheapest worst food ever. I don't know if meat is even in that stuff, it it is at the most like the 5th ingredient. But he LOVES it. Went on a 2-3 day hunger strike when I took it away. Tried about 5 other high quality dry foods to no avail. Finally found that he will eat Spot's Stew by Halo. Finally got him off of that and on to only wet. He will not eat Instinct. He eats around it if I out it with his fancy feast. He won't eat EVO either. Or Wellness. So fancy feast classics it is and Nutro Nat. choice it is. Some days he just looks at me when I give him his favorite foods. One thing he will always eat though is Weruva Steak Frites.

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
I spent months weaning my cat of of Deli Cat which has got to be the cheapest worst food ever. I don't know if meat is even in that stuff, it it is at the most like the 5th ingredient. But he LOVES it. Went on a 2-3 day hunger strike when I took it away. Tried about 5 other high quality dry foods to no avail. Finally found that he will eat Spot's Stew by Halo. Finally got him off of that and on to only wet. He will not eat Instinct. He eats around it if I out it with his fancy feast. He won't eat EVO either. Or Wellness. So fancy feast classics it is and Nutro Nat. choice it is. Some days he just looks at me when I give him his favorite foods. One thing he will always eat though is Weruva Steak Frites.
Mine only like rabbit in NV. Have you tried Pride by instinct, rockstar rabbit or diva duck?