Does your cat talk to you?

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ruin talks to me all the time...even if sometimes I would rather she not! LOL She is a very typical Siamese, if I call her from anywhere in the house she calls back, then does these really short meows every couple seconds until she gets to me. She will also sit infront of me and reply to everything I say. LOL
Princess my Persian talks but in a very soft tone, and only when she wants lovings. She will respond when I talk to her though.
And George the DSH kitten only makes a peep when he's locked out of a room, he's solid black and I think he prides himself on his stealth abilities! He can swipe something from a dish or take a flying leap onto a shoulder before one is aware he's in the room.
The naughtiest kitten that ever lived I swear!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Tailer and Forest are very talkative. Tailer will always respond when we talk to him (he'll even whisper back to us if we whisper to him). Forest will talk to us when he feels like it.

Harvey
hardly ever talked to us, though. On rare occasions, he'd meow if he really wanted to get our attention. He'd never respond to us verbally, though.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine vary in how talkative they are. Gracie's my biggest talker. Most of the time it's like she's making demands or complaining about something.
Katie and Pete are generally pretty quiet unless it's mealtime. Claire rarely meows. If she does it's in response to me asking, "Where's my Claire kitty?"

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Siamie, my Siamese, will carry on a whole conversation with you. Speck doesn't say much, though sometimes he makes a little "rmmping" sound to annouce that he's entering a room. He also "chatters" if he sees an insect on the ceiling.

A few weeks ago, I heard the unmistakable sound of a cat meowing in distress. Thinking it was my Siamese cat (because it sounded like her) I ran to see what was wrong. Well, it was Speck meowing. My Siamese cat was coughing like she had choked on something and I think Speck was trying to get my attention. He stopped meowing when I showed up.

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyLoneWolf

Harley is extremely talkative. Everything you ask her will be promptly answered with a mew, or a string of mews and other noises.
She chirps, she makes what I call a rolling meow, because it sounds like she's rolling "r's", and she purrs SO loudly. She also has perfected an extremely pathetic squeak when she's trying to beg for something.

When I first got her and I'd go to bed at night, she'd wander around the house yowling "helloooooo?" looking for me (thankfully I've gotten that to just about stop).

I have no idea what breeds she's mixed with, but apparently somewhere in her lineage are some conversational kitties.
This is how Albus is. We live on the second floor and we hear him from the first floor when we're coming home, standing by the door waiting for us. Everything from howls (even when nothing's wrong) to conversational meows to pathetic, silent breathy noises when he wants something.

We joke that he's telling us about his day when we get home from work. There's a Chris Rock routine where he's joking about how women want to complain about their day to their significant other and they just want you to listen, not try to fix the problem....here, I found it on You Tube: (WARNING: There are bad words in there, if you're sensitive to that sort of thing)

So when Albus is "telling us about his day" we reply with the part around the 1:00 minute mark: "Uh-huh....get out of here....go on....I don't believe it...you don't say...really?...get out of here...go on...I told you that b***h is crazy!"

Sometimes, I do just want him to shut up! like when I'm on the phone or something. He's so loud. Mostly we find it funny. They say if you keep responding to it, the cat really does think you're having a conversation with them.