Does your cat sleep with you (Share your stories.Pictures)

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does your cat sleep with you? I dont mean at the end of the bed or on the dresser but do they sleep up on the pillows, beside you like a person, in your arms or curl up on you/in the groove of your leg? If so share your stories and pictures I'd love to read.

i'll start the thread with Smokey, My kitty "soul mate" he is my everything. Smokey doesnt only just sleep on my bed but he he sleeps in my arms every night... I toss and turn alot and I ended up just rolling him with me and he just goes for the ride and plops onto the opther side of the bed and goes back to sleep.If I dont take him with me he actually gets up and walks around me (Not over me) and then lays back into my arms. He goes to sleep with me and often wakes up with me also. when I cant sleep I often fall asleep from his puring :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls aren't allowed in our bedroom because DH is allergic.  But Mooch sleeps with me on the couch all the time.  She actually slept curled up in my arms the other night. That was sweet.  Usually she is on top of me or just against me; but not being snuggled like that.  My cats growing up often slept by my head or on the next pillow.  I had a full size bed and shared it with 2 of them for a long time.  My Mother's cat Pumpkin loves to sleep in her arms.  He will knead her armpit and purr till he bruises her!  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie slept on my head when he was little. I discouraged it when he got big, so he started sleeping on my feet, hip or back.

Mogli started out sleeping between our pillows, but now sleeps on top of my feet or curled up against my leg. When I move, he moves.

sara457

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd be happy for them to sleep on our bed, but unfortunately they don't sleep all night. They wake up and get restless between 4:30 and 5:30 and then wake us up by putting their faces in our faces or walking on our pillows behind our heads! One time I woke up to my cat just staring at me an inch from my face and I screamed. So yeah. They come up to say goodnight to us every night and one of them goes to sleep at the end of the bed. But I have to remove him once I'm ready for sleep. I feel bad about it though, but hate being woken up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I'd be happy for them to sleep on our bed, but unfortunately they don't sleep all night. They wake up and get restless between 4:30 and 5:30 and then wake us up by putting their faces in our faces or walking on our pillows behind our heads! One time I woke up to my cat just staring at me an inch from my face and I screamed. So yeah. They come up to say goodnight to us every night and one of them goes to sleep at the end of the bed. But I have to remove him once I'm ready for sleep. I feel bad about it though, but hate being woken up.
That made me laugh. I had to read your reply to my Fiance and he got a gigge from it to.

skitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine go in spurts. Biscuit slept with me for several years above my head but now he likes to sleep on the top bunk in my daughter's room the most. Skittles likes to sleep with my step son and if he is not available he will sleep with my son and then he was switching to come sleep with me in the middle of the night when I would go to bed but when we got the kitten he decided he would just stay with the kids. The kitten is 7 weeks old and she has been sleeping with me since she was 3 1/2 weeks and so right now the ritual has never changed and I suppose she just assumes that for right now that she does not want to leave. I wrap her in a blanket and she sleeps next to me and once in awhile she will get out and come lay by my face. We will see how she does as she gets older. Right now I don't think she feels "safe" leaving the "nest" at night. :) She does, however, wake me up as soon as the alarm goes off  for my husband to go to work - she wants her breakfast so that is how the morning goes every single morning. She slept in this morning but the alarm did not go off. 

peter416p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Jerry owns me and sleeps where he wants. But to answer the question, yes he sleeps with me. Depending on his mood, Monsieur will hug my right hip, lie between my legs using one as a pillow, or atop my pillow covering my head.
He does move around a tad at night but don't we all.
PS: I've never had the need for an alarm clock...he decides that for me :)

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat will curl up right by my desk or chair when I am using my computer. At night time when I go to bed she will play with my feet chasing them while they are under the blankets before she finally tires out and falls asleep. She will either sleep on the foot of the bed, right next to me or on a pillow just  above my head. Every night she will sleep on her back stretched out with her legs open too

And then every morning when its time to get up she would say good morning by rubbing against me for 10 minutes or even laying on top of me purring. She's such a sweet kitty

fluffybeard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope! Sebastian's never been a big cuddler, not even when he was teensy! When he was a tiny 1 lb baby, I put him in his carrier with a little litter box, food and water and set it next to me on the bed and we slept like that til he was about 7 weeks old and he started crying to get out at night.

Then, for weeks he was up playing at night and I learned to tune him out. But I kept his little furry bed next to me on my bed and he would sometimes sleep in there and nurse it!

Now, most of the time he sleeps under my bed at night. But he will wake me up early to feed him and once he's eaten, he'll come have a snooze on the bed with me. :D