does your cat sleep under the covers?

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both girls like to go under covers, Sam can't take it, he pops in and then out right away. The girls paw at the cover to let us know they would like the cover lifted so they can come in. Pru is pretty quick about it, but Clio has to stand there and decide if she really wants to come in or not. This can take 30 seconds, with my arm getting tired while she decides. I have put the cover down and said "too late", but then she just puts a paw or brushes a whisker on my face to make me do it again. Cats!

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well Mia doesn't usually sleep under the covers, but 99% of the time you put a soft blanket over her while she's on a lap, she will start purring, fall fast asleep and stay under for hours in 90+ degree warmth. Marble doesn't usually sleep under the covers either but yesterday I saw her work her way under, turn around and fall asleep with her head poking out the side. It was too cute!!

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a folded up comforter on the floor for Kody to sleep on and he burrows inside the folds and I don't see him and I look all over for him. Then I notice the lump in the comforter and I know where he is. I'm always afraid he's gonna suffocate in there.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats don't usually sleep under the covers. I've found just a few times that Pooch and Luke did, but that was when they weren't used to the new place when we first moved and were scared for the first two weeks.

Luke and Pooch usually sleep on the bed (on the covers) at the corner. Every morning, Luke would walk on me and knead. He demands you to pet him first thing when you wake up, and I do!
He always wakes me up by purring right at my head!

annabellethecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My recently adopted cat Annabelle sleeps under the covers all day and comes out in the evening, she's terrified of strangers and cries at night. I suspect she may have been abused her last home.

momzywomzie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh yeah...my kittly likes to sleep under the blankets with me and then after a while he starts licking my mouth and lips waking me up..lol

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Francesca does. We have only had her 2 months. Adopted her (Senior) from SPCA.

More and more I find that lump on the bed. :)

I was just hoping she wasnt regressing...

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats sleep under the covers anymore regularly. Starbuck used to when she was a kitten. She will once in a while sleep under the electric blanket next to me in the winter. Apollo and Sonny do not like to be covered up. Casey plays under the covers when we make the bed. He does not like to be covered up when he sleeps.

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As many of you know, we adopted our Francesca from SPCA back in September. She is a senior ( so are we). Its be slow coming with Francesca, she is very skittish and scared of everything. I go very quiet and calm with her, but if that front door opens!!! She is in the bed, under covers in 2.5 seconds!
My husband is a big. Kinda loud guy, boots, coats etc. Francesca wont come out when hes home.even though he tries to be lovey.
Bedtime though is another story. On my lap until Daddy comes to bed, then she snuggles up to his tummy for the night.
Alls go right?
But now hubby has hip replacement on Feb. 14, no kitty near the bed for couple weeks! !! OMGosh! We have some weeks to prep...
Theres a chair near the wind in living she likes, I folded up a blanket put it there. She loves it! We also got a kitty bed with semi hood she has nevet tried, I know she has slept on chair at night before , last night I put the bed with hood ON THE CHAIR and put the blanket UNDER the chair. Am hoping that she goes for it, as a backup to Mommy and Daddys bed....
Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Advice? I don't want my baby to feel shut-out during this difficult time
TIA

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cant beleive it! Francesca is curled up in the grey hooded bed, on her chair! She has never touched it before!
Now, maybe I will start keeping our bedroom door closed during the day?
She's been in there for half hour already.

Last edited: