Does your cat roll in the tub?

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mik LOVES doing this. He rolls around a few times and then hops out and runs around the apartment. I get a kick out of it every time!

Anybody else have a tub rolling kitty?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine hides in the tub and thinks he's invisable through the transparent shower curtain. Jumps out at you and expects you to look terribly frightened, He does this a lot to the other cat.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, many of them love to do this. Now that we have two bathrooms, they have twice the tubs to roll in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great tub stories so far, and I'm sure there are LOTS more! Bring 'em on!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Samwise could convince me to put the food bowls and litter box in the tub, he would live in it. He'd just come out for lovings and cuddle time, well now that I think about it he'd be pretty happy if I'd just bring that to the tub too.

His favorite game is let's run and hop in the tub and hide behind the shower curtain then start crying like he's dying.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My RB kitty Woody would take any opportunity to roll in dry dirt!!! He hated it when it rained! But as soon as it dried up, he be straight out there looking for a patch of dirt!!

He was such a pigpen!

princessmv33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have a tub, but my little one likes to slide the shower door and paw at me and bat at the water. She will wait on the rug until I finish and then rub all over me when I get out as if she is helping dry me off.

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My littlest one, Marnie, is fascinated with the tub. I'm just waiting for her to climb in there when I'm feeling impish, because I'm gonna give her the shock of her life. LOL

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have started letting the kittens out of their room to roam the house. It was dinner and I started to look for Jelly. Couldn't find him anywhere. I found the two grown cats in the bathroom by the tub. Rocky was looking at something, and seemed concerned. I looked, there was Jelly in the tub. I'm not sure if he couldn't figure out how to get out, or he was just happy hiding in there. He was all wet!! My other two used to like to hang out after someone showered, and then they would be very cuddly. Now I have a shower upstairs, so I dont get attacked anymore or watched!

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spock loves to get in the tub and just run in circles in there. When he was a baby he figured out the bathroom was for pooping, and would poop in the tub. I had to leave the bathroom door shut all the time. Now he just runs circles in the tub.

Bitsy loves the tub also. She likes to sit in there and watch the water approach. She walks on me when I am in there. When she got sick, she went into the tub to lay down.

Tigrito and Dark Star used to lie in the sink whenever the weather got hot.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES!!! I thought Blaze was silly or something for doing it.
We have 4 kids, so there are always toys in the tub.Blaze will get in the tub and bat around the toys and then pounce them.We often find her coming out of the bathroom with a piece of toilet paper that she has captured as her prey

kathy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Callie climbs in the tub or bathroom sink and chases her tail. She also isn't very surefooted when walking on the edge, so once she fell in the tub when I was having a bubble bath! She stayed away for a few days after that but she's back to normal now! Her other fave thing to do is curl up and sleep either in the bathtub or sink.

(my direct links aren't working today so try the URLs)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/74352672.jpg

Tigger waits on the edge of the tub for me to finish my shower or bath and then meows for me to get out so she can get in. She gets all wet rolling around in there but doesn't seem to care. She also loves to drink from the taps (tub or sink)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/49cd5f13.jpg

sumosmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kathy14

Tigger waits on the edge of the tub for me to finish my shower or bath and then meows for me to get out so she can get in. She gets all wet rolling around in there but doesn't seem to care. She also loves to drink from the taps (tub or sink)
Both of mine, Geisha and Kuri, do this, too. They like going in the tub after I've had a shower! Geisha licks water from the faucet while Kuri (who is shorter and smaller) laps up water from around the drain. He gets water all over his head but he doesn't seem to mind!
But I always have to dry him off so he can stay warm!

As far as rolling in the tub, Geisha will do this on occasion, but ONLY if the tub is completely dry!

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Roll in the tub? None of mine, either my current ones or the late Guard Cat, ever did that. But Red Cat will only drink out of the water bowl in the upstairs tub. I guess I really started that. Initially I had one water bowl downstairs by his food dish and another in the upstairs bathroom. The bathroom upstairs is small, so it was easy to accidentally kick over the water bowl in my clumsiness, so I started putting that one in the tub. But Red Cat would drink out of both bowls. Then when I got Purdy, I put a third bowl on his tray by his dish. But he refused to drink out of it; he would drink out of the bowl on Red Cat's tray. As soon as that started happening, Red Cat refused to drink out of the one on his tray and would only drink out of the one upstairs. He has a fit when I take a bath and put the water bowl on the bathroom carpet instead. Crazy, crazy kitties!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sashka loves it in the bath - she hops in there when I'm in the shower, and I flick water at her (it doesn't get her - it hits the screen) but it makes her crazy - she does backflips and tries to catch the water with her paws....so funny.

I also stick my foot out the sliding screen door on the side, and she hovers on the side of the tub batting away at my toes - when she gets me she then has to shake the water off her little paws and invariably loses her balances and falls in the tub

Ahhh shower-time is endless fun at our place - Sashka in the bath, Ruby sticking her head in to lick my legs and Chester asleep on the bathmat!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kathy14

My Callie climbs in the tub or bathroom sink and chases her tail. She also isn't very surefooted when walking on the edge, so once she fell in the tub when I was having a bubble bath! She stayed away for a few days after that but she's back to normal now! Her other fave thing to do is curl up and sleep either in the bathtub or sink.

(my direct links aren't working today so try the URLs)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/74352672.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/49cd5f13.jpg
Awww, cute pics!
Thanks for sharing!