Does Your Cat Purr?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of mine purr, but my first cat, Hobbes, never really did. He was a very happy boy and lived a long wonderful life in the care of my Mom.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowball has a very soft purr. Sometimes the only way we can tell he's purring is by feeling his throat to see if it's vibrating.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bayley purrs 24-7 I think!

Harley does when he's sleeping or when he's being petted or laying with Bayley

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Oh yeah, Whisky purrs up a storm! Oliver, however, I never heard him purr. That was a wish of mine that never got fulfilled...
Awwww, poor Oliver! And poor you. Purring is such an integral part of a cat. I actually thought all cats purred to some degree. Alley only purrs a little but Persi is a LOUD purrer and as you say, up a storm. I love it when Persi lays by my head at night. The purring is like a sleep machine for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

All of my girls are big purrers. My neighbours kitty never purrs though. Apparently she purred the day they brought her home for the shelter they got her from and hasn't purred since

She loves petting, but on her terms, and is a sweetheart, but not a lap cat.
Yes, that is the only time I heard my kitty purr, the day I found her in my yard. I wonder if the cause of no purring is psychological damage. Your neighbors kitty doesn't want to purr anymore because maybe deep down it does not want to be too happy for fear it might again go to a shelter and my kitty won't purr for fear that she might end out in the street again. SO THEY SURPRESSED THEIR HAPPINESS BY NOT PURRING.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they both purr.
Molly purrs especially loudly. A lot of times she kneads my stomach and purrs a lot.