Does your cat jump into your arms?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls never jump up into our arms. Dusty will on occasion jump into my lap in the evenings after I get home from work, but on the most part, they don't like being held. Except on their terms..

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
really funny that this post is here cause it was just what i was searching for. I have never had a cat that jumped into my arms until the other day. Sloth my youngest lil guy jumped to my shoulder from the back of the couch and did this to my DH also. I didnt think much of it, then the next day he jumped just above waist height and i had to catch him. First i was a lil upset didnt want a cat jumping up on me and then i realized he just wanted the pettings and that was why he was doing it. Now whenever i call him and say up he jumps about waist height and i have to catch him and lift him up. He never puts his claws out either which is a great thing.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Daisy,the one resembling a moo cow! jumps into my arms if i hold out my arms to her.Once she is there she will fall asleep in my arms like a baby it doesnt matter if i do this standing up or sitting down!

catlover603

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both my cats will jump into my lap but never into my arms. Well, actually Max jumped into my sister's arms once. He'd gotten out of our apartment and got lost so my sister and mom went looking for him and I guess he was so happy to see them when they found him that he just flew into her arms.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Baby does that since he was a .. baby... he just loves to be hugged, and he loves to rub his face against mine... he will not go further to sleep in my neck but he does loves to hug, the one one that does it is him.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Never! It would be really cool though...
It is cool. It's one of my favorite things Jordan does. Levi will do this on occasion, but more often he does what he did last night which was jump at me from the table because I wasn't paying enough attention to him. To me it is a huge sign of trust & I love that they trust me that much (all though Jordan will do it with just about everyone that comes in the house.)

edward rohr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Houdini, does it like 12 times a day. just now i was in the bathroom and gave Houdini a look. His tail started twitching while he kept full eye contact. As you described, he would jump up (from the floor) with no claws, one paw on each shoulder and start licking, and rubbing his head on my face. I put him down and he jumped up again. i did this 3 times. finally when Houdini jumped up i walked out of the bathroom with him in my arms. Houdini will do this to my girlfriend and my brother as well. No idea why, very cute at times but also annoying. 

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope.Bella like to come and lay on my hip when I'm laying in bed and Thunder only likes to be held when she is in a good mood.

( On their terms )

dejolane

Last edited:

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time Autumn jumped into my arms was when they opened the cage she was in at the shelter so I could see her better and she flew into my arms and actually hugged me, her front paws around my neck.  I was so shocked at that.  She has never done that since, now she just jumps on the couch or the recliner and sits in my lap. 

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. He will jump in my lap at any given chance, but has never jumped into my arms. He will stand on the counter in the bathroom if I'm in the shower and wait til I get out, then lean over and put his paws on my shoulders so he can rub my face while still standing on the counter :lol3: He also will stretch up my leg when I get home until I bend down to let him give me kisses.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh yes!  My Stinkpot jumps into my arms, usually at the most inconvenient times, like when I'm trying to get dressed
.  But, as any good meowmy would do, I drop everything and cuddle him, usually going over to the couch and sitting down with him so he can really snuggle up and then he will start kneading on my face and neck. 

Another cute thing he does is climbs up into my arms when I am standing at the bathroom sink brushing my hair or putting on earrings or something.  Then he stands up on his rear legs like a toddler and reaches for me.
  It's just the sweetest thing.