Does Your Cat Have A Nickname?

jiskefet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love all the nicknames, it shows how dear they are to us, and how we address them differently in different situations and circumstances.

And many nicknames are personal, of course, hubby has his own nicknames for the cats, and so do I. And I bet in families with children, the young ones will have their own nicknames for their cats, too.

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
Molly was Muffinhead but I don't remember where that came from. Smokie's nickname is Little Face because when he was a kitten he had a little human looking face. It stuck.

catladylou

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg yes all three off mine do.
PRINCESS IS CALLED PIN PIN, PRINGLES, PRINDOG,
ROMEO IS CALLED RO RO SON. RO ROLLERCOASER BIG BALLS ( even though he got none lol )
REBEL IS CALLED REBS REB REB AND LITTLE BALLS

paddycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I call my cat "Iron man" and "the million dollar kitty". As he has a lot of pins in his back legs. The brief story i found paddy run over in the road walking home one night from work when i was at university. Took him to an emergency vet he had no microchip and was advised as he didn't have an owner to put him to sleep. I felt so awful for him because he was clearly a stray I had him fixed up, it cost me the whole of my terms student loan. Hence Iron man and Million dollar kitty. Best choice i ever made and i am so glad the owners (if he had any) never responded to my ads about him being found :)

His other nicknames include drooly, Jaws (because he is so soppy) Paddles, and My mum calls him stripey cat when she comes to visit because she can't remember his name!!!

Best Investment ever made!

paddycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Sounds like Paddy deserves his nickname--he's one lucky little cat that you're the one who found him.  
Seeing how he is now makes me so angry that in the UK you do not have to stop if you run over a cat. The law should change no animal deserves to suffer any pain. But I am the lucky one he is the most loving cat anyone could ask for

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Seeing how he is now makes me so angry that in the UK you do not have to stop if you run over a cat. The law should change no animal deserves to suffer any pain. But I am the lucky one he is the most loving cat anyone could ask for
Really? When I took my motorbike test the law in the UK said that you had to stop if you hit an animal. I remember because it was one of the questions the examiner asked me. It should be the law every where, IMO. Not only because of the animals suffering but also because of the risk to other road users.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Purrdy is Miss Purdy, Miss Purdy Sue, Miss P, P Sue, Pea Soup, Divalicious, Bee Ach, Queenie,

Frodo is Diablo, Big Fro, Hellcat, Jelly Roll Morton, Dick Waddle (he has a big white pouch) Monster (he is big and bites)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Its now an animal dog sized or larger. Its sad really
 I'll be glad when driverless cars become affordable (and compulsory) so that we don't have any more animals killed on the roads.

Glad you were there to save Paddy, he's got such a sweet little face.

paddycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's an angel, comes with me everywhere i can take him. I was so lucky he appeared in my life. Partners have been dumped over kicking him off the bed! :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

He's an angel, comes with me everywhere i can take him. I was so lucky he appeared in my life. Partners have been dumped over kicking him off the bed! :)
 Good for you!

We had to buy a new sofa as our cats were always hogging it and poor Mr Husband usually ended up sitting on the floor. He knew better than to try and move them.

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Each of my cats have a few nicknames

Zoey, whose full name is Zoey Belle, often gets called Zoey Bird or just Birdie. I'm not 100% sure where this came from, but I've been calling her that from the beginning. She also get's called Princess, which i guess comes from her "middle' name. Sometimes I call her ZoZo too.

Luna, most commonly gets called Luna Lou or Lulu. I also just call her "Mommy's Baby" a lot or monkey.

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I love all the nicknames, it shows how dear they are to us, and how we address them differently in different situations and circumstances.

And many nicknames are personal, of course, hubby has his own nicknames for the cats, and so do I. And I bet in families with children, the young ones will have their own nicknames for their cats, too.
My youngest son is the one who started calling Peaches, Pee wee and Boo boo. When she was young we called her Peachy a lot but now it's mostly the other 2 nicknames. I'm so glad we are not the only ones who have nicknames for kitties.

I also had nicknames for my dog Abby........she was mostly called Abby baby. The Baby part comes from when I adopted her that was her name but I changed it to Abby. I also called her Miss Abby girl and that is what is on her box with her ashes.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know why, but we just added a middle initial to Hannah's nickname.  She is now 'officially' 
  "Hannah J. Banana".  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
BooBoo - Boo, Mr. Booooooo, BooBoo Bibberman, the Boo-Meister, BuddyBoo

Ms. Pepe - the PepMonster, Pep, Mish Pep

Amber Louise - Amber da Bamber, Miss Amber

Mollipop - Molli, Molli-Polli, Miss Pop, Miss Molli, MolliStop! (from when she was a very mischievous little girl!)

Tabby - Miss Tabby, Tabs, TabbyBabby

Muffin - Miss Muffin, Muffin-Stuffin, Muffy (Rick calls her Muffy and I just hate that; I don't know why)

Last edited:

jeweliegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are down to 2 cats from 7. We moved to the house we're in now 7 years ago and one by one they disappeared or disease got them. There were two grown cats that came with us a male and female. The male was named Beans and we always called him Biggity Beans. He was the most social and the only one who was more attached to my husband than me. An owl snatched him from us last year. It was horrible though we didn't actually witness it. A feather was left on driveway. We had another called Dozer, so he became Diggity Dozer! He was a Rumpie and such a sweet natured angel. A tumor claimed his life, also, last year. Now we only have Runt, aka Runt Kitty or Riggity Runt, and Lolly. My hubby found Lolly on a busy expressway 2 days after I re-homed another stray who happened to look exactly like her! I was so angry--for about 3 min, until she bucked up and rubbed on my legs. I haven't ever seen a cat that that tiny do that! She has more personality than all of them put together. She also has gotten very very round. I use to say that she looks like she swallowed a balloon but as time progressed my hubby says it's more like a watermelon! Soo, people may not like this but her nickname is (lovingly) Fatty Girl. She loves to play hide and seek and somehow she truly knows that she has white markings on her face. She hunkers down super low and puts her paws on either side as if hiding the whiteness when we r out at night playing & grilling. Sometimes I think I may love her too much. I've never experienced this strong of a bond. The 1st pic is Runt Kitty, 2nd Lolly/Fatty Girl 3rd Beans/Biggity Beans 4th Dozer/ Angel Baby/Diggity Dozer

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My female has a few nicknames.  "Minimew" because she's small, has a squeaky voice and follows me around like my shadow. I also call her Autsie (her name is Autumn), Autsumn, and Squeaker. I collectively call my brother's cats the hooligans or wildlings. I refer to my male as "trouble" from time to time. Otherwise his nickname is "paws" because he has large paws.