does your cat have a favorite toy?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rowdy's favorite toy is a dog. When Ike and Pearl are in the house, she wrestles and romps with them. A wagging tail is irresistable to her. Poor Ike was one the sofa, the other night and Rowdy popped up, over the back and grabbed his tail. Ike yelped and tried to climb into Bill's lap. An 85-pound dog, cowed by an 8-pound cat! That's what you call REALLY pussy-whipped!

Opie isn't much for toys. He will knock his brush onto the foor and brush his own face, though.

Buddy likes to get under the bed covers and play. Of course, boxes are always popular and Rowdy will be in her element, when the Christmas tree goes up.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning, Buddy took a shine to a fuzzy purple mousie. He was having a good time, until Rowdy took it away from him. She didn't want to play with it - she just didn't want Buddy to have it.

He was playing with a ball and Rowdy came over, bit him on the ear and took that away, too.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are too funny!

For some strange reason, Mr.Underfoot just goes NUTS over the rubber tubing I use for an exercise band - he grabs it and carries it around the house like he's caught a snake.
I have to put it in a cupboard or box that latches firmly, because no matter where I hide it he always manages to find it! He's torn up a couple of them already. He does the same thing with measuring tapes, too

My guys love the tinsel balls and marinated mice, too, and of course the laser toy - they'll bonk heads sometimes chasing the laser. They love the kitty flier - I have to hide it when it's not in use.

Unexpected budget toys:
The little kitten's favorite toys (after the dog) are an empty toilet paper roll & a paper bag.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In general, Steve and I are their favorite toys, although the 6 foot cat tree and their new kitty condo is a close second. Koko loves the fishin-for-kitty pole with the leather strips on one end - when she is playing with it, she won't share with anyone else. They all generally love any of our fishin-for-kitty poles - they're all over the house so we can pick up a game with them anytime. They also love the cat-track - a ping-pong ball inside a plastic tube with holes cut out on all sides - I bought them a new one the other day and had 6 cats trying to play with it at the same time (missed the picture). I gotta get a pack of ping-pong balls and just stick them in a box sometime.

And of course there is just the plain old empty box!!

tarav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All of my cats love pipe cleaners, but Ava steals our socks and hides them under the couch

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Legolas has taken a very special interest in the 2 Dreamcatchers that I have hanging above my headboard and has started taking them down. That infuriates me to no end as they are NOT a toy.
About the only other thing Legolas likes is to chase Aragorn and beat him up only it always backfires on him.

Aragorn on the other hand plays with almost all of his toys especially the one the Shelter gave us for him. All it is is a puff ball and boy when that's in his mouth he growls at Legolas for even coming close to him. He also loves straws and of course what Aragorn has Legolas wants. He also has this thing about buttons and zippers, haven't figured that one out yet.

And both have this thing with water. What a mess they make, they throw or drop their toys in the dogs water bowl and the take a paw and splash water all over the place until they somehow and believe me I don't know how but they turn the water bowl over! Well, at least the floors get washed everyday!

I'm probably missing a lot of their favs but I think that's enough for now!