Does your cat ever growl at people?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Gracie has been known to growl at strangers, other cats, even me and Claire growls when I clip her claws.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

My Gracie has been known to growl at strangers, other cats, even me and Claire growls when I clip her claws.
oh
, i forgot about claws - Firefox growls at me when i clip hers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillylilykitty

Lily only has growled when someone was outside our house trying to steal my moms car. She made sure I knew this visitor was not welcome
I think it's because of her nothing was stolen.
That's awesome!

(Your Lily is gorgeous, by the way. I have a lilac point Siamese, although he is a "traditional"-style.My blue point is the growler, though!)

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

My Tomas does not like strangers, strange animals, strange situations - you get the idea. He's a bit insecure and will growl easily. Unfortunately that growl is warning and if pushed he will try to bite, as vet techs dealing with him have learned.
I'm sure you've heard that old Scots proverb: "Touch na cat bar glove."

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whenever I'm sick Flynn will "take care of me". He will not leave my side unless he hears someone walking on the street below our bedroom window, then he is out of bed in a flash, unto the windowsill where he will growl at the person outside.

Ernesto does this funny thing when I catch him doing something he knows he is not supposed to, I will order him away from whatever he's doing and he will comply, but he will still grumble/growl under his breath while retreating