Does Your Cat Do This?

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After a meal at night she starts yowling/howling all the way until she finds me. She does this as well when I let her outside early in the morning and when she comes back in she howls/yowls til she finds me or tires out.

The sound at the end she makes is when she found me.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of mine does this at night, less often in the daytime Usually a call from me is enough to let him know where I am and he either comes or stops his calling. It seems to be a fear of being alone, although he does have a closely-bonded companion cat as well.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Our boy Trin does this when he's by himself (which sometimes he simply leaves the room we are in and then starts up). For him, he's upset and tense when you find him, which a poof ball that he has shoved in his mouth and yowling through. A few kind words and some visual contact usually makes him relax and spit out he poof.

I don't know that your Luna is upset, I've heard members say their cat is announcing the end of a hunt, and are not stressed. For Trin it's stress. It got much less frequent when we got him a Sentry calming collar.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty does this agljar all night long. That mis-key was her on the keyboard, looking for THAT CAT!