Does your cat do this?

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A dog trapped in a cat's body?

I'll hear this thumping noise in the other room. I peak in and see Sarah, my little imp, chasing her tail like a dog! She sits still and watches her tail tease herself, the tip of the tail wagging with a life of its own and all the sudden she's going round and round in circles chasing it! Hilarious!

I'm so glad she can amuse herself so well!

My little imp:
[/IMG]

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks like such a sweetie, is she a Russian Blue? We have one and they're so much fun!
Our little girl can get pretty goofy.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a little Meezer Snowshoe mix who will occasionally chase his tail!

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spring will sometimes play my guitar while it is still plugged in!! He'll keep pulling the strings and out will come weird sounds--especially if I have it hooked to something other than just the amp!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily likes to play with my daughter's guitar.

Addie and Felicity don't play with their tails at all, but Lily and Tolly do. Tolly has been known to chase his tail on occasion; but both are more likely to be seen watching their tails wag when they're curled up and it's near their face. Just occasionally the wagging will take them by surprise and, evidently, they will forget that it's attached to them and bite it

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous, a thinner version of my Billy cat, he is a british blue. Bill doesn't chase his tail but Candy and Harvey do.x

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixie says she is jealous her tail isn't long enough to chase
Very pretty girl you have there

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tail Chasing is a normal past time for cats, has nothing to do with dogs

Queen Eva is chasing her tail right now on the couch.

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my cats, Sweep RIP
, had a really short tail about 4" long, as she came to us as a stray I never knew if she was born like that or it was an accident, anyway the only way she could chase her tail was by doing a head over heals, it was so funny to watch
this black ball rolling all over the place, she would also chase shaddow's.
Here she is.

You can just see her tail by her back leg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Milk maid, your dear Sweep
was so beautiful! I bet that tail chase going head over heels was a real hoot!

So, we've got some tail chasers and some guitarists too!
That's too funny! Or should I say "aspiring" musicians!

Well, Sarah is my only tail chaser, and I do not have a guitar in the house, so maybe I'm depriving some future Jimi Hendrix (famous in the 60's) in my house....

I'm not sure if Sarah is a true Russian Blue since I don't know her history (was a stray kitten), but when you looked at Sarah side by side with my bridge kitty Grace RIP
, you could clearly see that Sarah was the blue-gray colored coat, and Grace was the yellow-gray colored coat. Sarah's is a shimmery silvery blue gray color, with gray nose, pads, and one tiny white triangle on her belly. (Gracie was sort of tuxedo colored but in the colors white/gray) Anyway, thanks for the compliments!

Hmm...the guitar thing makes me want to get a little toy piano, small child size--maybe there's an Elton John or Liberace in my home!!!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mulder chases his tail. Then he gets mad when he bites it and smacks whichever of the other two is close by like "Hey! Why did you bite my tail?!?!?"

Both Spooky and Mulder are fascinated by Jinkers' tail. I guess cause its long and thin? :shrug: All he has to do is walk by the both go swatting and biting at his poor tail!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kojak chases his tail too! I'll never forget the first time he caught his own tail and chomped down when he was little- he let out the most horrible squeal and looked completly confused!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
CruiserMaiden and StarryEyedTiGgeR, that is soooo funny! Their tails are like separate little entities, teasing and provoking your cats Mulder and Kojak!

Well besides Sarah the tail chaser in my house, the only other cat who is "tail obsessed" is Pirate. Whenever Pirate is sitting high enough to reach, he likes to bat at Harley's tail, my greyhound. Sometimes, Harley will be stretched out sleeping, and there's Pirate rolling all over Harley's tail, and batting at it, just having a grand time. Harley..dear Harley...he's so laid back, he doesn't care. He's like, "knock yourself out Pirate, glad my tail amuses you!"

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen chases her tail round in circles all the time, you can tell when she is in on of her crazy moods as her eyes widen and she goes nuts! Her favourite place for playing tail chase games is on the chair...most of the time she spins off it trying to catch the 'demon' tail!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SHe is a beauty! What a precious face and smile
......I have seen kittens do this when they are young, but that's about it

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh yes. Trout's tail is her own mortal enemy
Flowerbelle's too!

And Chumley loves chasing his tail. Flowerbelle's so little, it's like a little kitten even though she's 7 this year - but Chum (who's probably 4) is chunky - and has so many "war" wounds from his life outside, it's just heart lifting to watch him have so much fun!

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both my Linus and my Mandarin did this when they were younger, but as they grew older they outgrew this game and found better things to play with