Kitten
Purraise
do you cat comes when you call her?

my cat is like a dog as you can see on my video

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Bijou most always comes when I call him. He's such a suck he probably thinks I'm going to love on him.
My friend (who is a dog person) cannot believe Bijou is a cat.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hit and miss with these ones. Sami never comes when you call her. If fact, you're lucky if she even bothers to open her eyes.
Parker and Buddy will come...if it's close to meal or treat time. They like to hide on me in really good places while I call and call then start panicking.

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Depends on the cat. Blue and Momma Kitty will stop using the litter box to come when called (okay, that is an exaggeration, but they are very loyal to come when called). Rex responds to "Kitty Kitty Kitty" but meandering in my general direction. Percy comes with Momma if he feels like it. Chloe acts like she has no idea I am talking to her, and Juno is still just learning.

Now...open a can of wet food and you will have 6 cats at your feet in .2 seconds. LOL

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like that? No way! What a good kitty.

Buttercup comes if you make consecutive taps with your fingers on something, then she runs up super fast, gets a pet, but then jumps away.

Wesley will do that too but rarely and usually won't even look at you, but if you say YUMYUM he'll just stare at first, then if you do it again a couple times he'll run past you to the cabinet where his food is kept and meow.

milu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, both Minka and Lulu come when called. Actually I've been wondering if they're not dogs in disguise. Lulu also likes to carry my dog's stuffed toy around with her
Granted, if they are asleep it takes repeated calling, but if they are awake they both respond instantly. It's pretty cool

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your video is too cute. It helps that her name sounds like you are meowing at her too! LOL

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be honest, I don't call her. The closest approximation to a call is when I sit on the floor, tailor style. That's kind of her invitation (well, my invitation) that I'd like her to cuddle with me and get her neck massaged.
Her given name is Ritz, but I call her Pretty Girl or Precious Girl more than I say "Ritz".

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine do and they all answer to two different names.
Hercules/Old Man
Gigi/Grey Cat (even though shes not grey..)
Crocadilly/Big Foot
Tubba Wubba/Long Tail

The first names are mine and the second ones are the ones that DF calls them. He refuses to acknowledge my names for the cats.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes!

If I call them individually, their responses vary from baby steps approach to a full speed run. However, if I want them all to come at once I only have to say "eating time" or "surprise!".

milu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Totally OT, but the music in the video brings back some fond childhood memories ("die Sendung mit der Maus")

I just wanted to add that my cats respond only to their names. If I call one the other won't come. My dog, however, comes running no matter who gets called. I think he thinks he might miss something important

crumbandharvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend trained Crumb to come when he walks around saying "Where's that Crumb? WHERE is that Crumb?" It seems to work from him... usually they'll both look at me, think about it really hard, then decide if I have a treat/brush in my hand. If not, they'll likely stay where they are. :p

leafwhisper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Annie always comes running. She could be in a dead sleep two rooms away and if I so much as mention her name she comes running. Guess she thinks she'll miss out on some action if she doesn't