Does Your Cat Chatter Their Teeth?

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arnold does it all the time when watching birds. In fact he just did it now.

I dont think I have ever heard greg do it. Greg is silent and will duck his head down and move in for the kill.

I did google the "ack ack ack" sound arnold makes when bird watching.

Dont know if its true but apparently a cat kills by severing the spinal cord. The cat chattering and baring its teeth, as arnold does, is mimicking this action.

So if Theodore looks at you and starts chattering....you had better sleep with one eye open...lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Arnold does it all the time when watching birds. In fact he just did it now.

I dont think I have ever heard greg do it. Greg is silent and will duck his head down and move in for the kill.

I did google the "ack ack ack" sound arnold makes when bird watching.

Dont know if its true but apparently a cat kills by severing the spinal cord. The cat chattering and baring its teeth, as arnold does, is mimicking this action.

So if Theodore looks at you and starts chattering....you had better sleep with one eye open...lol
Over the years I have had many cats but Theodore is the first one I have ever had that does this. I get a chuckle watching him. He gives me laughs all day long. He has such a neat personality.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the years I have had many cats but Theodore is the first one I have ever had that does this. I get a chuckle watching him. He gives me laughs all day long. He has such a neat personality.
Yes it is a treat watching them interact with nature. And it makes me very happy knowing that I have enriched their lives.

20190425_181010-1.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Olive does this, but only for little birds. She loves watching the bunnies but she does not chatter for them.
I once had a friend who had a cat that did this and also made noises as she did it. Sometimes Theodore will make noises too (or he used to). It is so neat to watch them discover new things and react to what they see outdoors.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww that's adorable Patches trills but I've never seen him chatter. All you with chattering cat's I want one :lol: