Does your cat chase shadows?

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just over at my mom's, and she has a Siberian named Mika who is OBSESSED with shadows. Like they send her into manic mode.

My mom lives in a condo with lots of windows and natural light, and in the morning and afternoon, when the sun is rising/setting and shadows are moving, Mika goes full-blown zoom-crazy. I just watched her sprint from wall to wall, trying to scale the walls at times. Ears pinned back, tail puffed up to the max, etc.

I tried to get a good photo but she was moving too fast. This is what she looks like when in her normal state -- she is usually quite laid back.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe does! Daisy couldn't care less, but whenever someone's here (physiotherapists or care workers) they have to spend some of their time making finger shadows for Phoebe to leap at. :lol:
I'd love to see a video of that.

It's cat-toy-paradise over at my mom's condo, so Mika has lots to play with, but nothing revs her up like shadows.

Well, birds do. The condo is in a high-rise building, right on a river, so there are tons of birds landing on the balconies. She goes nuts for birds, of course. I wonder if she is conflating shadows with birds, since the movement of either can be fast and erratic.