Does your cat chase its tail?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Leo is just trying to play with his tail? Many years ago, I had a cat that would sit and flick only the very tip of her tail, and then she would try to pounce on it.

puffy-n-stitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL

Both my kittens chase their tails. I got Stitch first, noticed she was chasing her tail a lot....I thought it was cute. When I went to adopt a second kitty, Puffy was in her cage chasing her tail. That's part of the reason why I picked her.

catfur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boy, Kjartan, chased his tail one time. He saw it flitting around back there, zoomed after it, caught it and CHOMPED down. He doesn't chase his tail anymore.

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both Aragorn and Legolas chase their tails and it seems to go on forever. Legolas likes to chase his tail in the bathtub and I have no clue as to why.

Now the funny thing here is I have a dog named Cisco and he doesn't chase his tail and never has.
But, Aragorn and Legolas chase Ciscos' tail and that really bugs Cisco so he starts chasing them. He catches them and rolls them on the floor and just nuzzles them until they can't take it anymore!

If you can figure this one out then good luck to you as I have given up a very long time ago!

April

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only one of my cats, Zebra, chases her tail and it's really funny to watch. She'd start staring at her tail as it twitches, she'd start getting ready to pounce and as she pounces on the tail, it moves away! Soon she'd be running in circles trying to catch her tail until she loses balance or hits someone or something!

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tibby chases her tail, it's the funniest thing. She will run in circles trying to catch it then she gets so tired and frusrated that she will sit down then realize her tail is right by her face then get up and start chasing it again!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't really need tv with all the entertainment we get from our cats!

meowth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
one of my babies is so funny. if you get the end of his tail wet he will look at it like it does'nt belong to him. he will then chase it until he pins it down and lick it till it is dry. it so funny to watch.