Does you cat like strangers?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of my three cats Joji is the least friendly. She will not run away but if you try to pet her, she will scratch you.

Skinny, on the other hand, will welcome you and stick around you until you leave. Sometimes it is very hard to have a serious conversation with Skinny constantly butting in.

Finally, QT is tolerant of strangers. But if you are below 16 years old, she will hide under the furniture and won't come out until you are gone.

I guess it is because they had different lifestyles as kittens explains their different reaction to people.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sammycat doesn't like strangers. When my Niece came for Dad's last goodbye last week, as soon as she stepped in the door he hissed,growled and took off to the back of the house. He did come out a little later to vist with her and was a little more civilized
Oscar is the ham and lap baby of the two. He just loves everyone

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're a person, Toes LOVES you. If you're a man, Toes REALLY loves you.

Tailer hates all people she doesn't know. She won't even try to get to know them (but then she was also abused as a kitten by a man with a belt--we just figured this out because of a reaction she had to my father, whom she normally adores, when he took off his belt).

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. Underfoot and Felixia love everyone, except for really loud people. Mr. Underfoot views all people as opportunities to get more pets. Felixia adores men - she'll jump up on the back of the couch, walk over, and bonk their head with hers. Sylvestra is a little more shy, she has to get to know people first - Oreo is ok with people after they've been around for a little while, too.

Macumba (my tortie) was my 'alarm cat'. I could tell if anyone was coming near the door or windows b/c she would get an 'alarmed' look on her face & run under the bed. She only liked a few people, and even those only after she'd had lots of time to get to know them.

Racquel, your pics are too funny!

kidsncats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know how to classify Simon. He'll give everyone a chance but if there is something he doesn't like about the visitor he hides. If he decides he likes them he's all over them. We actually have to shut him in his room occasionally because he can be OVERLY friendly. My youngest daughter (13 mos) sees a physical therapist and Simon loves her to death. We can't get any therapy done for Simon deciding he needs the therapist to love on him. LOL.

3blackcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lucy and Zoey love people. When someone comes to the door they run to see who it is. Then they have to greet them and get all of the attention. Iggy on the other hand runs and hides when she hears the door or a strangers voice, but she only likes mommy and daddy.
So when the doorbell rings at my house Zoey and lucy run to the door and Iggy runs and hides under the bed. Three cats running through the house is pretty funny!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty, Yum, Tiger, Babycakes- doesn't matter who you are as long as you pet them
Rurnt- depends on her mood
Hef-cat-lets put it this way NOBODY ever sees him but Charlie and me!

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Freedom Belle will greet, rub, and sit on anyones lap.Liberty Belle makes herself scare, when they leave she comes out of hiding, walks around sniffing everywhere the vistor was, just like a hound dog!