Does this look normal?

meowvelousx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My sweet Scottish fold boy was neutered yesterday and his incisions looked fine. I couldn't get a super good look at them but I noticed they were just a bit pink. Today I left for school and did not put a cone on him (I did last night but my mom was watching him today so I didn't think I needed to). I came home and after a bit of petting he went to lick himself. I quickly got the cone back on him to prevent anything. I've been able to look at the incision and it looks more red...I don't know if it's okay or if I should call my vet or the pet hospital.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my opinion, there is nothing to worry about.  He just did what cats do if they have an injury and he cleaned himself.  Personally I don't use cones on boys because there is nothing left to fall out of the incision so I just let it heal.  Pink is healthy, and as long as it isn't red and swollen, it will be fine.  I've had more than 200 males neutered and instead of cones, I give the adults pain medication (from the vet) and that seems to work just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowvelousx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my opinion, there is nothing to worry about.  He just did what cats do if they have an injury and he cleaned himself.  Personally I don't use cones on boys because there is nothing left to fall out of the incision so I just let it heal.  Pink is healthy, and as long as it isn't red and swollen, it will be fine.  I've had more than 200 males neutered and instead of cones, I give the adults pain medication (from the vet) and that seems to work just fine.
Okay, thank you. I sometimes worry too much >.