Does This Look Like Ringworm Or Just Baldness From Fleas?

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's been to the vet twice and they didn't mention anything about his face, I assumed it was baldness from the extreme amount of fleas he had! He was severely anemic and even Revolution barely touched the fleas, I had to remove them with 2 Dawn baths and a flea comb but that was a week ago and his nose looks worse. Does it look like ringworm or could it just be from the fleas he had? I've never had a cat before so I have no idea what to do if it is ringworm!

Attachments

Marlow cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what ringworm looks like in cats but did you try using the search function in this website? Usually a lot of good information there. Best wishes and please let us know how things go.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like an old injury to me, scraping against the wire in a cage? Eating out of a small can? Ringworm spreads rapidly, even to you, so if no more bald spots, or round, red, scaly spots on you have appeared in the last week you are most likely safe. It doesn't produce scabs like your cat has, more of a scaly rash that is small and round with clear skin appearing in the middle. I have seen one spot turn into ten in one day. It also could be a cat scratch, that cause the hair to fall out around the wound too. Keep an eye on it, as long as it appears to be getting better than getting worse, you should be OK. Bring that picture to your vet and let them look at it, it would ease your worries. At least you would know one way or another.
Thank you so much for taking in this precious baby, you will be blessed for your caring heart! Please come here anytime you need, we are always here to help!