Does this look like normal stool?

Momo Aurum

Meowmy to Chloe, Momo, and Skylar
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, does this look like normal stool? *click on spoiler button to view*
20231110_233212(0).jpg
My 7 months old kitten is currently eating Carna4 quick baked nuggets and The Honest Kitchen Câté. It took her almost 2 weeks to get her stool to this consistency. I slowly transitioned her from Science Diet kitten dry and wet because she did horrible on it. (she often had constipation and there was a time where she ran all over the apartment while hissing due to the poop being stuck midway)

Generally speaking her stool is slightly softer than my 2 other cats - but they're on regular/extruded kibble (Open Farm and Firstmate) and wet food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momo Aurum

Kitten
Purraise
I can't edit my post but I'd like to point out that my 2 other cats are 2.5 years old and 1.5 years old.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momo Aurum

Kitten
Purraise
Stool looks normal to me. It's moist and firm. Coloration is probably due to the food she's eating. Please continue to keep her hydrated.

Yes, you need to be Young Cats and above to be allowed to edit your own posts for 120 minutes after submissions.

Promotions and Benefits
Thank you for letting me know and will do! She used to eat 2x 2.8oz cans of Science Diet Kitten wet and she's currently eating 1x box (5.5oz) of The Honest Kitchen Câté. There's also 2 water fountains and 1 water bowl she can drink from. :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
(she often had constipation and there was a time where she ran all over the apartment while hissing due to the poop being stuck midway)
Yea, this is constpation as there's not enough hydration and poop gets hard and get stuck on the anus.

Thank you for letting me know and will do! She used to eat 2x 2.8oz cans of Science Diet Kitten wet and she's currently eating 1x box (5.5oz) of The Honest Kitchen Câté. There's also 2 water fountains and 1 water bowl she can drink from. :)
You are welcomed.

Since she's doing quite well on this diet, keep her on it. As long as she's on wet food, it'll help in her hydration and also it's good that she has water fountains she can drink from.