Does this incision look like it is HEALING OK?

jellymachine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
!

Lilo was spayed 3 days ago  she won't do e- collars so I try to keep onesies on her. but sometimes she slips out of them and last night she was crazy and trying to jump around everywhere. I have kept her confined to my bedroom for the most part I notices there is some dried blood will she nd does it look like it is healing ok? happy holidays

Last edited by a moderator:

kflei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Based on this photo, it looks okay to me.  If you start seeing pus, anything oozing, and a bad smell, take her back to the vet.  Are the stitches clear, or did she pull them out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellymachine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
im not sure if she pulled them out or if the blood is covering them but they were a very light black I'm keeping the onesie on her right now and I'll keep an eye on it

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She might have been glued back together and have internal dissolvable stitches.  That sounds funny, but all my girls have had internal stitches and surgical glue on the outside.  That way, there's not a chance of them pulling out stitches, recovery time is usually less, and I don't have to haul them back to the vet to have stitches removed.  As for the incision, it looks okay to me.  There's not a lot of swelling or redness. Keep an eye on it.  If she's a young kitten, you could try putting a sock on her.  Just cut off the foot portion of a tube sock.  Put the top over her head and front legs, then position over the belly and back. 

jellymachine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today there is a lump near her incision is this normal I will take a picture soon

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my Penelopy spayed on Wednesday. They said there could be some inflammation that causes what appears to be bulging (but it's actually the internal stitches). How big is it? I can't really tell by the pic unfortunately.

jellymachine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About 3 1/2 cm raised and maybe 3-4cm around

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she seem to be bothered by it, and does it hurt her when you touch the area? The fact you're able to get pictures even makes me think possibly not, but you'll know better of course.

Is your vet open tomorrow? You might want to shoot them a call to see if it's normal. I probably would lean in the direction of less, but since I am not there and not feeling it myself, I don't want to say that it is. You could possibly even call an ER vet today and ask their thoughts. I've done that before, and I don't think they'll think it's an emergency situation where you need to bring her in unless she's in pain or if it's red and oozing (which it doesn't seem to be, but again, not there to see myself). 

I really think that's the best thing you can do to get an answer on that one though.