Does This Cat Look Part Maine Coon?

Maya567

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a stray cat that stays in my garden, and I know her mother but not the father. Most the other cats in the litter are short hair, except for her and another calico. Her paws have long hair too. The only thing is that she’s 6 months now and still pretty small, and I thought Maine coons were supposed to be large. She also has hair in her ears but it’s not super long like other pics of Maine coons that I’ve seen. What do you guys think?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s so pretty! I would describe her as a calico Domestic Longhair. I don’t really see any Maine Coon in her, though. Maine Coons have a broader muzzle and larger body.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You gave got a true treasure to your home, a Schatze as the germans say.

What do you need a common Maine Coon for??

Aw kiss this pretty Preciousness from me and let her be as she is. :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You aren't just going to find a purebred or even likely a Maine Coon mix just walking around your garden as a stray. Majority of cats are just Domestic and not any particular breed. So many cats have varying personalities, traits and behaviors that they only just resemble certain breeds.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's a domestic, Calico color, longhair as already mentioned. There is no evidence of Maine Coon in her at all. Maine Coons are quite large, strong broad muzzles, prominent flubby bibbs, high pointed ears, extremely long ear and toe tufting. Once you see one, you can easily tell it from any other breed. There are a lot of "look a likes" that are born in domestic cats.

As jen jen also mentioned, purebred cats are not just wandering around making babies randomly either. Breeders spend tons of money up keeping their cats (hence why the cost of kittens is so high) and would be incredibly remiss if they allowed one to run off in error.

You baby is beautiful, regardless. I love her pattern and coloring!