does the pain ever leave?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I lost my cat in November, and it still really hurts sometimes. The pain does ease, but never goes away. As time passes, it is easier to think of the happy memories instead of the sad. My thoughts are with you.

jcbsn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've lost one of my neighbors cat's that i used to look after... he was deaf and it goes away just think happy

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"Does the pain ever really go away?" Yes, in time it does. I have had many pets/felines during the course of my life and although I loved them all dearly, some had that "special spark" to them. I feel for your loss of Charlie...he must have been very special to you. I still think of those very special fuzzy friends I had. Over time, rather than a shed a tear in thought, I can now smile and think of the good stuff. Time is an amazing healer...my thoughts & prayers are with you sending you healing & strength.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the pain of your loss will not go away, but it WILL lessen. The tears surely won't go away. My little shrine to Mr. Kickers, my mini-lop bunny who went to the Bridge in 2001, is in my bedroom next to my bed. I miss him, I look at his pictures & remember his sweetness. I still get choked up & teary when I remember the last moments of his life, and especially when I remember the funny moments.

People handle grief differently... for some it is very profound. Others move on easier. I'm with you, I didn't move on very easily and 4 yrs later, I still feel the loss and think about my bunnyboy so much.

It's so hard to let go of the little furballs... all that love they give, unconditionally. It's so easy to miss them & easy to love them, and so hard to lose them.

I feel for ya... (((HUGS)))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

I feel for ya... (((HUGS)))
Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss of Mr Kickers
Sometimes it's just too hard....

It's 3 months to the day since Charley died and while I cry less about it, I still miss her terribly and know that I will for a long, long time.

Hope you're at peace Charley

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alexa

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss of Mr Kickers
Sometimes it's just too hard....

It's 3 months to the day since Charley died and while I cry less about it, I still miss her terribly and know that I will for a long, long time.

Hope you're at peace Charley
oh she is. She really is, And Alexa, whether you really feel it or not, Charley is watching over you. Sometimes I get so deep into my memories of SiSi (Sasha's mama and my best friend for 11 years) that I swear I smell her and see her everywhere. I confided this to a very spiritual Indian friend I have and he nodded his head....he said, "well, then she was calling you." I get great comfort from the times when it hits me....and it was two years May 18. I have her photos everywhere in the house. For a long time I was too depressed to think of anything but the pain. When I truly had faith that she was at peace and ok, I welcomed her "presence" all around me and now draw great comfort from it. Like you, I was devastated, so much so I could barely function. Now, it is better.

Love,
Elizabeth (SiSi, never forgotten,
and Freddie FeLV kitten, RIP 11/9/03
)