Does the incision site look normal?

Lala44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I had my cat neutered on sunday and everything was going well, today I noticed that has incision red and slightly protruding, there’s no bleeding or pus and he’s as active as ever.
I dont have access to the vet at the moment and I dont know if its normal or not would appreciate any insight/help

Attachments

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a vet, have no pro experience, but when I look at that photo I think the red part is just the tip of his penis.

I haven't spent much time examining my male cat's private area, but that looks normal to me. If I'm wrong, anyone please correct me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lala44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I had my cat neutered on sunday and everything was going well, today I noticed that has incision red and slightly protruding, there’s no bleeding or pus and he’s as active as ever.
I dont have access to the vet at the moment and I dont know if its normal or not would appreciate any insight/help
update: adding better pictures as the original is slightly blurry

Attachments

Lala44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not a vet, have no pro experience, but when I look at that photo I think the red part is just the tip of his penis.

I haven't spent much time examining my male cat's private area, but that looks normal to me. If I'm wrong, anyone please correct me.
No it’s at the incision site at his scrotum

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Has he been licking it? Call your vet, let them know and send them a picture. It doesn’t look normal but will most likely be ok provided it doesn’t get infected.
Be sure to use shredded paper instead of litter and keep him inside.

Lala44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he has, he’s very active so its been hard to keep him under control for proper recovery. I keep checking it and so far it looks to have dried up a bit but there’s no sign of infection or anything, I am waiting to hear back from the vet now, thank you!