Does the area around her eyes look normal to you guys?

Kazuhacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mean the area under her eyes, and between the nose and eyes. The actual eye is totally fine, and she is acting the normal way.

I dont know if its just like this, or something is starting to be wrong with it. (Im not talking about the third eyelid)

Circled the brown part on the final pic. I hope its nothing and im just being paranoid haha

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, is it the brownish colored moisture that has you concerned?

Mr Captain has weepy gunk (for lack of a better word :) ) from his eyes that collects right there in that same place, between his eyes and his nose. Once it's dry, I gently remove it.

It's good that you are so observant. You might continue to take a photo now and then of the area, and when you have her in to see the vet for her next checkup ask them about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kazuhacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, is it the brownish colored moisture that has you concerned?
Its exactly that part, yes. I found older pictures of her and this part around her eye was the same color as now, but not moist.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our eldest cat, Casper, gets weepy eyes, sometimes. We talked to the vet about it and she said that the most likely cause is irritation from dust or pollen or something that he's slightly allergic to. As long as his eyes don't get red and inflamed or anything like that, there isn't anything to worry about.

Our vet also told us that it's common for cats to get eye boogers. With an all-white cat like Casper, it stands out more.

Whenever we notice Casper's eyes getting boogers, we use a clean cloth with a little bit of warm water to wipe his eyes. He puts up a little fight when we do it but he seems to appreciate having the shmoo cleaned out of his eyes, afterward. (He's just like a little kid, sometimes! ;) )

My advice would be the same. It's mostly normal for cats to get eye boogers and stuff, especially during allergy season. As long as it doesn't bother the cat or get inflamed, there's nothing to worry about. Gently clean your cat's eyes with a wet cloth if she'll tolerate it.

This is one of those things you could just put on your list of things to ask your vet the next time your cat goes in for a checkup. :)