does she look pregnant ?

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when can i introduce my other cat to the kittens but bearing in mind my other cat pebbels dosnt get along with the mother cat smudge she hisses at her and the kittens are over 3 weeks now 4 on wednesday wud pebbels hurt them ???
There is no real way to answer that not personally knowing Pebbles. The way I do it is when the kittens are getting going on their own (so 4-6 weeks-ish) I will take them one at a time into the room where my resident cat is. I hold them in my hand with kitten head facing me so my cat can sniff the kittens butt. This is a non-threatening way to do cat-to-kitten introduction. My cat can smell without worrying about little kitten moving around and spooking her and if my cat does act aggressive in any manner then I can easily and quickly pull kitten away.  I do this a few times with each one and then start setting them on the ground so my cat can watch them move and they can explore a little. I keep a very close watch during this process. Usually by the time they are really romping everyone is comfortable with everyone else, though I usually still keep my cat and mom cat separated. 

Keep in mind my cat is used to kittens- I have had fosters since she was 10 months old so she's grown up with it. Only you know Pebbles and if she can be cat-aggressive. If in doubt don't introduce them. If you have to because you are keeping the one, then I would go very slowly just doing the in hand smell introduction for a few weeks. Until you are certain they are safe together do not leave Pebbles unsupervised with any kitten! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks she s not bothered about them she just looks at them , also i was wondering the kittens are four weeks now and there eating and drinking all ready and mom cat is doing nothing with them anymore not even cleaning them is this normal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
pics included , well the kittens are over  8 week old now and have all gone to lovely homes and i still get to see them most of the time there all doing   fine even the little grey which i kept and called misty here are some pics of her