Does my queen still have kittens in her?

Emmilyh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a barn cat who gave birth to 3 kittens they’re all perfectly healthy except the first one who came out tail first and mom bit of the tip of it trying to get him out but I’m not concerned about that too much.

She stopped labouring around 4pm and it is now 9:20am she is up eating and drinking and nursing the kittens but it still feels like there’s a kitten in her and she hasn’t been able to go to the bathroom. I read about interrupted labour and I’m wondering if that’s it or if she possibly has a still born in there? I’m definitely not a cat expert so any advise would be nice.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom will pee and poop when she is ready and needs to go. My cat did not pee for about 12 hours after giving birth.

Cats can still appear pregnant or lumpy after giving birth because the uterus is swollen. It takes the uterus a couple weeks to heal. If she still has a kitten inside she’ll have it when her body is ready. It could be hours or even days.

How is the kitten doing with the tip of its tail bitten off? How does the tail look? Does it need to be checked by a vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emmilyh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mom will pee and poop when she is ready and needs to go. My cat did not pee for about 12 hours after giving birth.

Cats can still appear pregnant or lumpy after giving birth because the uterus is swollen. It takes the uterus a couple weeks to heal. If she still has a kitten inside she’ll have it when her body is ready. It could be hours or even days.

How is the kitten doing with the tip of its tail bitten off? How does the tail look? Does it need to be checked by a vet?
the kitten is doing good he’s very active and is eating a lot, thankfully mom is very calm and is letting us check it and keep it clean it doesn’t seem to be hurting him he doesn’t even notice when you touch it, the mom basically just degloved it and the live tissue underneath has been drying and falling off we may be taking them all in today to get checked out so we’ll have a professional opinion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emmilyh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you plan to spay the mom after this litter weans?
yes we do we weren’t planning for kittens she actually got pregnant in her first heat right before we were going to to take her in