Does My Kitties Forget Me?

neff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have 2 about to be 4 monthes old kittens. I will be out for vacation for about a week. They are going to keep staying at our house. My neighboor is going to check them.. I am nervous !! Will they forget me??? Will they miss me??

ReallySleepy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would not worry about it if I were you. Provided your neighbor is a dependable person, there is no problem. Your cats are still very young, and if they should forget you to some extent, they will get to know you and love you again if you are present for several months after your vacation.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We travel quite a lot. Over the past decade we went on several long road trips, leaving our cats behind. I can assure you cats remember us very well. With adult cats, you can expect some stress and clinging behavior when you return. With kittens, they're generally more flexible, so as long as you have a trustworthy sitter, you should be ok.

Some more on this topic -
A Pet Owner's Guide To Pet Sitters

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When are you going? Are they spayed yet?

If you have time to see them through the surgery and recovery before you go, I would do it. I would not want to risk them going into heat and getting out while you're gone.